Just want a little clarification on hidden items while rendering, please.

As I understand it, selecting visibility will hide the object from view, but IRAY still does a background rendering on it, as if it were still in the scene, correct?  In order to have IRAY completely skip rendering something, it just can't be there?

I seem to remember seeing that here, but can't find the thread.  Can anyone clarify if I need to actually delete the things I don't want rendered in order to save memory, or is toggling visibility good enough?

Thank you!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169
    edited December 2023

Nope... if you click to Hide the object or node or turn off Visible in Renders,  there'll be no so-called "background rendering" for both geometry and texture of the hidden items.

Wisely toggling Visibility would be good enough as you said.

PS: You may simplly compare the VRAM consumption with GPU-Z - Memory Used, by toggling Visibility.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

Nope... if you click to Hide the object or node or turn off Visible in Renders,  there'll be no so-called "background rendering" for both geometry and texture of the hidden items.

PS: You may simplly compare the VRAM consumption with GPU-Z - Memory Used, by toggling Visibility.

Awesome thanks for the answer! I appreciate it 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

kirbawirba said:

crosswind said:

Awesome thanks for the answer! I appreciate it 

You're welcome! yes