Export to FBX crash to memory exception error in 4.22

I've opened up two different support requests on this in the past three weeks and have not received any responses or ticket numbers.  I received the initial email both times saying it would be looked at.

My pipeline for many years has been exclusively...

Daz and Daz Decimator

I export FBXes.

Up through 4.21 I had no problems.   I updated to 4.22 and all of that ended.

I can sometimes export a model and have it export.  Yet invariably it will eventually crash with memory exception errors.  Once this crash begins it will happen every time I try to export until I completely exit out of Daz Studio and then relaunch it.   It may then allow me to export one item before the second export crashes.  Rinse and repeat.  Very time consuming.

I have also noticed that some of the exports that have been decimated do not work and are unusable once imported into an application.  In my case Unity Game Engine.

I have tried 4.22.0.1 beta and it had the same problems.

I was able to find an installer for 4.21 which I reinstalled and the exporting problems went away.  I would use this as my solution but I have no access to 4.21 Daz Decimator which is vital for my workflow.

Do any of you have ideas?   Will posting here get some type of response from Daz when the email clearly does not?

I have $10,000+ in assets in Daz and right now they are effectively useless to me for what I purchased them for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• I read somewhere that 4.22.0.7 public beta may be out and may fix some of this.  I'll try it out and see.

• dwinblooddwinblood Posts: 6
    edited December 2023

Sof ar I've exported about 5 models in a row (some decimated) with no crashes.   I do notice it sometimes seems to embed the textures into the FBX even when that is unchecked until I export it a second time and overwrite the previous.  On the overwrite I can suddenly see embed textures checked.  I uncheck it and it works the 2nd time.

NOTE: If on the first time I CHECK Embed textures and then immediately UNCHECK it that seems to make it work the first time.  So it is something about it thinking it is checked even though the UI is showing it unchecked.  I suspect toggling it fixes this.

Post edited by dwinblood on