Baffled - Daz daily freebie - where did they go?

DGECDGEC Posts: 18

Around Dec 1, I saw a page with a Daz daily freebie for the month - but I haven't been able to find that since! Where did it go? Did they cancel the giveaways?

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,116
    The giveaways is still there, they just don't put a thumbnail pic on it. You have to scroll down the sales page until you see "Daily Holiday Freebie," and then clock on the "Get It Free" button. (So far, each has been available for 24 hours.)
  • DGEC

The freebies are being Rotated each day, you have to go to the shop (at the top left ribbon) click on it, then, scroll down until you see Sort by at the right corner, click the down arrow and select Price Low-High.

Then you will see the daily freebie, only for a day :(

Catch it while you can, good luck!

• The DAZ + Freebie is available here: https://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-freebies and they're available for free to non DAZ+ members with a purchase. One is available for a month, the other for a week.

Then there are the standard bi-weekly freebied here: https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models

And as everyone else has said, the advent calendar freebies are rotated daily. And apparently if you have been punched by making a purchse, you may see another. Not having made a purchase this month, I cannot confirm this.

Regards,

Richard

• ElorElor Posts: 714
    edited December 2023

richardandtracy said:

And apparently if you have been punched by making a purchse, you may see another. Not having made a purchase this month, I cannot confirm this.

Yes, with a punch, you get access to a selection of two items which are randomely selected Daz Originals (including Daz+ items) (priced under ~$33, maybe a bit more), either from the whole store or from your wishlist if you have eligible products in it. And you can either get the first item for free, or the second one for $2.99 (no further discount are applied to the $2.99 price).

One thing to keep in mind: to get a punch, you need to spend at least $1, weither as Store Credit or from your bank account (I don't think buying a gift card count as a purchase for the punch system, but using the Store Credit from a gift card to purchase something does count as long as it's at least $1). You get the punch the next day and it's valid for three days.

Post edited by Elor on
  • DGECDGEC Posts: 18

MimicMolly said:

The giveaways is still there, they just don't put a thumbnail pic on it. You have to scroll down the sales page until you see "Daily Holiday Freebie," and then clock on the "Get It Free" button. (So far, each has been available for 24 hours.)

I went to the Show page but still couldn't find Daily Holiday Freebie anywhere. With or without a thumbnail. But everything I could see had a thumbnail for that matter. Hrrmmm 

Halcon Bluesky said:

DGEC

The freebies are being Rotated each day, you have to go to the shop (at the top left ribbon) click on it, then, scroll down until you see Sort by at the right corner, click the down arrow and select Price Low-High.

Then you will see the daily freebie, only for a day :(

Catch it while you can, good luck!

Ok, so I did that and I may have found one? There were a couple of items that were marked 100% off, like the "Shattered Bodysuit". But still nothing that said "Daily" or "Holiday" anywhere.

Thanks for all the replies!

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,051
    edited December 2023

The daily holiday freebie is in one of the boxes at the top of the sales page. I missed it when I first looked at the page as it was lower on previous days.

It is indeed the shattered bodysuit, if you open the product page you'll see a countdown at the top as it's limited to today.

Post edited by Leana on
  • I just tried to get todays holiday freebie and it's not working for me. I assume you're talking about what's in the pic I included, it's the only thing on the page about any freebie.

image_2023-12-07_140937122.png
    866 x 450 - 146K
  • ElorElor Posts: 714
    edited December 2023

It's relatively high in the page, just under 'Save with todays deals':

freebie.jpg
    800 x 355 - 78K
    Post edited by Elor on

Faeryl Womyn said:

I just tried to get todays holiday freebie and it's not working for me. I assume you're talking about what's in the pic I included, it's the only thing on the page about any freebie.

That's the advent calendar freebie. The holiday freebie is at the top of the page.

edited December 2023

Elor said:

It's relatively high in the page, just under 'Save with todays deals'

Ok, THAT picture you're showing, I do NOT see anything like that at all!

And I made a purchase and can't find the extra freebie!

Here's what I see:

and the Skin thumb was WAY down the page in the middle of a bunch of the other thumbnails - not at the top even though I sorted by price

daz.png
    559 x 215 - 179K
    Post edited by DGEC on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Faeryl Womyn said:

I just tried to get todays holiday freebie and it's not working for me. I assume you're talking about what's in the pic I included, it's the only thing on the page about any freebie.

That's your brower's pop-up blocker. Go to the main sales page and sort by price if you don't want to turn the blocker off / add exceptions.

DGEC said:

Elor said:

It's relatively high in the page, just under 'Save with todays deals'

Ok, THAT picture you're showing, I do NOT see anything like that at all!

That’s a picture from the holiday sale page (from the "Daz+ weekend sale starts now" banner pic), not the main store page. 

OOOOHHH!!!! That explains it!

I tried to get add a pop-up exception but no joy.

Maybe the other couple of items in the main shop that were free was the added one?

So the medevial machinery is the $2.99 item then?

Yes, it's today's $2.99 item.

• Yup I went to the main page and used lowest to hightest to find it, since the name of it was mentioned here I knew which $0 to get.

As for ad blockers, it never stopped me from getting the others and I have it turned off for the Daz site.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

I must be looking at the wrong times. I thought yesterday's freebie was the button eyes, clicked on a link but got a 404. Never saw anything about a shattered bodysuit, but apparently it is gone and now we have gingerbread booties. The last freebie I put in my cart was the beard, but then later realized that I hadn't checked out, so missed that one too.

Hopefully there will be a catch up day. sad

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

https://www.daz3d.com/2023-daz-holiday-sale

Here is a link to the sales page, scroll down daily for freebie.

I will post this also in the limited time freebie notification thread.