Unable to unparent items/clothes

Hi, I seem to have a recurrent issue whenever I try to unparent some items/clothes from a Genesis figure, for instance to move them in the scene. I use the "unparent" tool, but then the items do not move on any axis and seem to be literally glued to the Genesis figure!!!!

Can anybody help please?

Thanks, best wishes,

G

Comments

• Are they still fitted? Parenting is just organisational for fitted figures, fitting is what makes the item follow the parent's pose and shape. You can use the fit to option in the right-click menu or in the Parameters pane with the item(s) selected.

• Thanks, I will try!!!

• If you are looking to unparent and then move the clothes, you have to convert them to a prop, first. Then you can move them, add dforce back to it, then you can put it in their hand, or on the floor, or wherever you need to.

In the scene pane, open up the little "hamburger" menu for the scene pane, with the article of cloting selected. Choose Edit>Rigging>convert figure to prop.  It will basically make the clothing selected a prop in the shape it is currently holding, then you can unparent it and move it.  If it was a dforce thing, make sure you add the dforce surface back by having it selected, then going to EDIT at the top of the screen and select Edit>Object>Geometry>Add dforce dynamic surface.  This reapplies the dforce removed when converting the figure to a prop, and resets all the dforce properties back to default.  You will have to change any settings that were different in dforce back to before conversion, if they were not originally default.