Model packaged incorrectly?

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792

I made a free model of a car.

A user claims files are missing such that one of the variants of the car won’t load.

I cannot replicate the problem.

Prior to releasing the model, I test installed it to another computer that did not have the model on it before. Everything worked fine.

Can someone on this forum please download and test the model for me to see whether you encounter a situation where an asset won’t load?

https://www.deviantart.com/luqu/art/Car-Botlir-TeleQuark-2272-V3-999718735

Post edited by lukon100 on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Haha, I saw this car last time. I'll try...

I mostly found the texture maps were missing, as below screenshots. I did not find them either in runtime folder...

And I personally suggest you give it a well-structured sub-folders + Content Types for user-facing files... now I'm a bit lost... dunno how to use them. devil

SNAG-2023-12-7-0045.png
    2560 x 1400 - 419K
    SNAG-2023-12-7-0046.png
    2560 x 1400 - 279K
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 792
    edited December 2023

Thanks, crosswind!

While you were doing that, I myself test installed it on yet another one of my computers with a minimal Daz Studio on it and found the same missing texture map reference - for ParrottDolphin's free leather shaders - I used on the back seat.

The other one for applying the tire treads is normal and expected. One of my instructional pictures explains all that.

As for sub-folders, that was my own instinctual preference from the beginning of this project. I have packaged several of my previous models that way. But I noticed that, in CMS, when copying products from the normal "Props" directory to some other directory (such as some folder within the "My Categories" structure), sub-folders do not get copied. This forces the user to do the copying operation several times, once for very sub-folder. I even imagined this is why Daz PA's don't use sub-folders either. And this is why I decided against it this time.

Post edited by lukon100 on

Understood ~ NP, it's up to your preferences any way.  smiley