Genesis 9 Leg Bend Deforming Oddly

Just noticed this today, bending the genesis 9 shin past about 90 degrees results in an odd deformation of the knee / thigh / shin area.  I replicated this with multiple characters, including a base Genesis 9 Dev Load.  I also unistalled and reinstalled the genesis 9 starter essentials.  Looked at the data files to see if there were any unusual morphs in the folder for G9, but couldnt see anything that seemed out of place.  Posting two pics to illustrate the problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?  And is there a setting that I may have accidentally turned off / adjusted incorrectly?

Thanks in advance

g9legbend2.jpg
1427 x 1080 - 195K
g9legbend1.jpg
1435 x 1080 - 200K

Comments

• That looks like a corrective bend shape or joint adjustment, one that is meant to improve the bends when a particular morph is applied, kicking in when it isn't needed. If it's a morph it will be hidden but should show in Currently Used with Preferences>Show Hidden Properties on in the parameters pane option menu.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Select Genesis 9 and Currently Used... you'll find the culprit.

• tnkr95tnkr95 Posts: 25
    edited December 2023

I appreciate the help. 

Used the show hidden and currently used and found a file associated with the EM3D Charmaine character that deformed the leg when it was bent.  I tried locking it, setting it to zero, etc; but it would activate whenever the leg was bent.  It also applied to all G9 figures.  The only remedy I could think of was to uninstall the character.  Works fine now.

It looks like a deformer meant to make the bend appear more natural, but I couldn't figure out a default setting to limit it.  And with it applying to all G9 figures, removing it seemed the easiest option.

Post edited by tnkr95 on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

I checked the file list on the product page, if they're EM3DCharmaine_body_cbs_shin_x155p_l and EM3DCharmaine_body_cbs_shin_x155p_r, the reason should be that EM3D Charmaine's body morph was not set as the 2nd stage controller on these corrective morph, thus the corrective morphs now works on Base figure and each character when you bend the shins of them...then the back of thighs and shins will be distorted. It's the issue from the vendor. You may send a ticket to Daz asking for the fix.

Or, you may drag the EM3D Charmaine's body morph to the 2nd stage controller of these corrective morphs in Property Hierarchy and re-save the morph assets...

• Please do report this issue to Technical Support.

• Thank you for this post. I have been lost as to what happened to All my Genesis 9 charcters. Both arms and legs. I have been trying to drbug this for the past week! I spent hours searching the forms with no sucess. I thought I would try a google search, and came across this post. I removed  EM3D Charmaine now all the Gen 9 charcters pose nice!  Thanks again!