How do I remove this light glitch? ["solved"]

gian.capaulgian.capaul Posts: 9
edited December 2023 in New Users

Hi everyone

I get this really ugly orange light glitch, which has to come from the orange light source. I also get this glitch when I'm using an HDRI light during day scenes. At first I thought it had to do with the windows, but after I removed the windows the glitch was still there. How do I remove it?

06-f-373_spy2 - night - emily + mc at mc home.png
Post edited by gian.capaul on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,624

Not too sure from that image, do you have another shot from the side - not an actual render just a screenshot from textured preview. It seems like there is a surface in front of the camera so maybe check to ensure the camera is far enough forward that it's not clipping the surface if the eyes?

• gian.capaulgian.capaul Posts: 9
    edited December 2023

Thanks SofaCitizen for your response. Here are some different images. Sometimes the glitch is only faintly visible.

light glitch 1.jpg
    1350 x 1080 - 814K
    light glitch 2.jpg
    1350 x 1080 - 710K
    light glitch 4.png
    2940 x 1833 - 5M
    light glitch 3.png
    2941 x 1830 - 1M
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,569

What is "Plane (19)" and what happens if you hide it?

What are the other 18 "Planes" and have you tried hiding them?

• Plane 19 is that blue (and orange) light source as a plane. But deleting it doesn't make any difference.

So far this glitch light only appears on renders where this scene is used: https://www.daz3d.com/fg-bedroom-and-kitchen

At the dark render, the bedroom-and-kitchen scene was the base first where everything was build up, but was deleted to increase render time. But I'd really like to get rid of these light glitches on every render because they are really ugly.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,808

I have this product. If you don't mind, you can save it as another scene file (delete all characters beforehand, just leave all environment items there) and attach in here. I may help to check.

• gian.capaulgian.capaul Posts: 9
    edited December 2023

crosswind said:

I have this product. If you don't mind, you can save it as another scene file (delete all characters beforehand, just leave all environment items there) and attach in here. I may help to check.

Thzanks much for your help. I've also put in some streetlights and some houses at the opposite side of the street. Delete them too?

• I know a bit more now. I'm using the "New York Tenements 2" https://www.daz3d.com/new-york-tenements-2 too at the opposite side of the street. If they are in here the light glitch appears, if they are deleted, the light glitch dissapears too. But still, how to remove this glitch without deleting them?

Screenshot 2023-12-04 153230.png
    2996 x 1855 - 4M
    Screenshot 2023-12-04 153625.png
    2961 x 1855 - 4M
    edited December 2023

Yup, I guessed the building in the opposite might be the culprit, that's why I suggested you post the file. They seem like something are emissive and reflecting some objects into the kitchin room...devil

I own New York Tenements 1-2 as well. If you cannot find a way to mitigate them instead of deleting "New York", you just delete characters and leave the resst of the items incl. env. , lights... whatever there and attach the scene file down below.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

Yup, I guessed the building in the opposite might be the culprit, that's why I suggested you post the file. They seem like something are emissive and reflecting some objects into the kitchin room...devil

I own New York Tenements 1-2 as well. If you cannot find a way to mitigate them instead of deleting "New York", you just delete characters and leave the resst of the items incl. env. , lights... whatever there and attach the scene file down below.

DOne. I just sent you a pm

You also used "New York Street Light"... The culprit is "Cylinder (3)", as below. I tweaked it a bit. You may try to adjust its XYZ value, reduce Luminance value on its Surface, so as to avoid the issue. Pls feel free to experiment.

Scene file was PMed to you.

SNAG-2023-12-4-0011.png
    2030 x 1396 - 1M
    SNAG-2023-12-5-0013.png
    2029 x 1399 - 3M
    SNAG-2023-12-5-0015.png
    2032 x 1396 - 2M
  • crosswind said:

You also used "New York Street Light"... The culprit is "Cylinder (3)", as below. I tweaked it a bit. You may try to adjust its XYZ value, reduce Luminance value on its Surface, so as to avoid the issue. Pls feel free to experiment.

Scene file was PMed to you.

That's right. But it also appears without these street lights, but not that strong and not in orange. E.g. here under her face.

06-a-020 - morning - Emily + mc at mc home.jpg
    1350 x 1080 - 374K

If I turned street lights off and restore to default HDR outside, I did not find the similar issue... But there're quite a lots of light sources in the kitchin room, not really necessary, it'll lead to too many light bounce and long render time. You may try to optimize the interio light.

SNAG-2023-12-5-0017.png
    1488 x 1155 - 2M
    SNAG-2023-12-5-0018.png
    2560 x 1400 - 2M
  • crosswind said:

If I turned street lights off and restore to default HDR outside, I did not find the similar issue... But there're quite a lots of light sources in the kitchin room, not really necessary, it'll lead to too many light bounce and long render time. You may try to optimize the interio light.

I think I know why: The light glitches appear when the sun ish shining into the windows of the tenements. Otherwhise their windows don't get the bright light and wond do a reflexion, so no light glitch.

I "solved" the problem by making two renders. One with the tenements as background and another one with the appartment and the figures, and finally merge them in photoshop. It's not perfect and much more work but it's better than nothing.

And thanks again for your help :D

gian.capaul said:

crosswind said:

I think I know why: The light glitches appear when the sun ish shining into the windows of the tenements. Otherwhise their windows don't get the bright light and wond do a reflexion, so no light glitch.

I "solved" the problem by making two renders. One with the tenements as background and another one with the appartment and the figures, and finally merge them in photoshop. It's not perfect and much more work but it's better than nothing.

And thanks again for your help :D

That's great ~ You're welcome.yes Happy rendering !