Why does the model (G8) always force a switch back to A Pose when exporting to FBX?

Hi, I found that the model always switch to A pose forcibly when I export it to FBX, causing the cloth to tear. (As you can see in the picture.)

Does anyone have experience to share? I would greatly appreciate it.

As a newbie, this problem is really annoying.I've spent days trying to solve this problem.

20231204-111522.jpeg
730 x 754 - 182K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,811
    edited December 2023

"Forcing to default A or T pose" is DS' specific behavior because an initial shape / pose are needed as per different export rules (baked, exported...) while exporting to FBX...

The garment on the figure is a dForce item that you've simulated, correct ?  If so, the simulated item (with change of vertex positions) cannot be correctly baked and exported with FBX. A trick you may try:

- Before exporting to FBX, export the simulated garment to an OBJ file with Base resolution. Clear the simulation result of the garment, import OBJ file with Morph Loader Pro (with options - Reverse Deformation + Delta Only) to the garment. Dial the morph to 100%
    - Export to FBX with correct settings. (Merge...) Then the static "simulated morph" will be correctly baked.
    - Import FBX to other software.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

"Forcing to default A or T pose" is DS' specific behavior because an initial shape / pose are needed as per different export rules (baked, exported...) while exporting to FBX...

The garment on the figure is a dForce item that you've simulated, correct ?  If so, the simulated item (with change of vertex positions) cannot be correctly baked and exported with FBX. A trick you may try:

- Before exporting to FBX, export the simulated garment to an OBJ file with Base resolution. Clear the simulation result of the garment, import OBJ file with Morph Loader Pro (with options - Reverse Deformation + Delta Only) to the garment. Dial the morph to 100%
    - Export to FBX with correct settings. (Merge...) Then the static "simulated morph" will be correctly baked.
    - Import FBX to other software.

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try :)