Geo-Graft not working properly?

So I recently found out how to make geo-graft and I have to say, I've been having a blast with it! It's so fun to use!

I already made 4 geo-grafted models, one pair of hands that hides the middle in pinky fingers, one that hides the legs to make robot legs and a pair of antennae and ant thorax for an alien race I'm making

However, it seems that I stumble into a bit of an issue with the antennae, as you can see it's not working properly, the translucency is affecting this model differently to the rest of the model and I just don't know why is this happening, I know a reason is because the vertices are not lined up properly, making a gap of sorts, but I checked 4 times already, and I see no gaps, not in the base body nor in my alien morph, I also made an insect thorax that the character wears like a tail with geo-graft, but this one also works no problem... so I really don't know why the antennae are not working properly

1.png
1009 x 873 - 1M
2.png
1009 x 873 - 1M

Comments

• Do the model vertices match in the zeroed state?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169
    edited December 2023

If you thought it's related to vertices problem, you may post a screenshot with Wire Texture Shaded drawstyle (Ctrl + 8), as well as the Surfaces. Then we may see the base of the graft and how it's welded with the figure as it may affect how to texturize it...

You can well set up the material zones on the antennas.. the base of the graft may adopt the UV and texture map of the figure's face and there better be a gradient with Cutout Opacity map. A geo-shell could be also used so that you can define more texture options.

It seems the "base" of antennas uses the texture maps from the "face" but just has the different shader settings on its surface... First it should have the same Base map / color as the face ( yellowish, right? ), then there should be a grandient on the related maps...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Do the model vertices match in the zeroed state?

Here's a wireframe of the image, if you want a better angle of it let me know, i did have some vertices that weren't auto hidden i thought that would fix it but no sadly...

Captura de pantalla 2023-12-03 210047.png
    1920 x 1033 - 910K
  • OMG I JUST SOLVED AND IT WAS THE DUMBEST THING... Both textures of the antennae mesh FACE and ANTENNAE had THIN WALL ON, the moment I disabled it looks like it was meant to look all along.

The antennae textures are still a WIP but at least it looks good now, thanks for the help peeps, I really appreciated :)

3.png
    1009 x 873 - 1M
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Yes, it's necessary to keep the same shader settings on the related surfaces. Though there'll be more work but it's getting better.