Push modifiers and other weight map tools just stop working.

Been getting to know the different tools over the years, and have been continuously frustrated by a bug that seems to crop up when using dforce, dform and other weight maps.

The tool just stops working.  The brush is still there, the map is still there, the edited weights are still there, its just that further adjusting doesn't happen.  It happens when you are just happily brushing on a map, it happens after adjusting the size of the brush, it happens when you save and come back... Clicking onto another object and back doesn't help, changing viewport modes doesn't help, it just stops adjusting.  It has been happening throughout the years, on every system I've installed daz on.

Anyone else get this, and if so, what did you do to fix it?

Comments

• Yes, I have had this on occasion and have to restart DS. It is frustrating, but intermittent, hard to reproduce things like this are very hard to pin down and fix.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, I have had this on occasion and have to restart DS. It is frustrating, but intermittent, hard to reproduce things like this are very hard to pin down and fix.

Ah ok... was afraid that that was the only solution.  LOL its what I've been doing, so I guess keep on truckin! 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

The glitch occasionally happens to me. Toggling tools (e.g. Alt Shift + T then Alt Shift + W) works for me most of the time.