Issue with some poses after creating a new face morph

Hello,

I created a new face morph by using the Wrap app, and while I use the neutral pose, everything is ok. I was testing different poses to check if it's still ok, but when I appied the Eyes Side-Side pose, one of the eyes seems to go out of it's orbit. Which encouters this issue depends on the side I choose:

Could you tell me how I could fix this issue, please? I have to more push the eyes into the face before to create my new face morph? Though, the eyes don't seems to go out of their orbits when I use the nertral pose, so I would be afraid to make them to much inside the face if I push them...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,808
    edited December 2023

Yes, checking Eyeballs / Eyelids related expression dials is a must after converting and importing the character's head morph. For this case, usually there're two ways of fixing them.

- In Wrap, you use Brush node to fine-tune the eyelids with moving / smoothing. Then re-export to obj. In this way, you don't have to fixe them in DS
    - If fixing them in DS, you fix each eyelid by using Blender (I remember you know how to use Blender sculpting...), then import 2 delta morphs separately and create ERC links with the Eyes Side-Side expression dial and your character head morph dial.

PS: you may check this thread ... though it was for Eye Blink, but the process is almost the same, and besides you also have to check Eye Blink / Eyes Close - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/661311/any-way-to-split-a-morph-like-eyeballs/p1

Post edited by crosswind on
  • yuyu.atemyuyu.atem Posts: 168
    edited December 2023

Thank you very much for your answer! laugh To be sure ton understand well, if I want to fix it in Wrap, I have to use the Brush node on the neutral pose I created, not on the Side-Side pose, is it that? And if I want to fix it in Blender, I have to use the sculpting mode directly on the Side-Side pose, right?

If I try to fix it in Wrap, how could I know that my changes are ok, if I am working on the neutral pose? Would I have to work by trial and error and reimport the morph into DS until it perfecly works?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

PS: I made more tests, and this issue happens also for other poses, like the Eyes Crossed pose, not only the Eyes Si-de-Side pose...

Post edited by yuyu.atem on
    edited December 2023

- In Wrap, yes, you always use a standard A-pose (let's say G8) to Wrap and never touch the pose ! You link a Brush node to the last node before Exporting and finetune the position of Eyelids (screenshots 1-2)

- In Ds / Blender, correct!  You export Genesis figure with expression Eyes Side-Side dialed.

As for testing if the fixed obj in Wrap works well, you may just need a couple of fix and export, not a big deal. It's just a sort of "difference" in between spending more time in Wrap or spending more time in DS/Blender. laugh

SNAG-2023-12-3-0014.png
    2559 x 1377 - 1M
    SNAG-2023-12-3-0015.png
    2559 x 1374 - 1M
    SNAG-2023-12-3-0017.png
    2029 x 1372 - 2M
    edited December 2023

Ok, I will try! In facr, if I understand well, I need to make more place for the eyeballs, is it that?

I also saw there is another issue when I oppen the mouth: there is a sort of shape, I am not sure exactly what it it, that seems to create like a "second tongue". When I wrapped, I made a subset wihout the mouth, and I just translated  the mouth after applying the subset, to fit it to the lips and face, so I don't understand why this issue appears...

Could you help me to fix it, please?

Thank you in advance!

1. Yes, necessarily and sufficiently.

2. What's your floating geometry - G8 ? G9 ?  Best practice should be - 1) Subset of floating geometry should be without Eyes and Mouth; 2) If there're Eyes and Mouth on the fixed geometry, isolate them as well.

edited December 2023

I am using the G8 male  basemesh, and my subset is like that:

There is no mouth or eye on the subset. After wrapping (without applying the subset), I obtain that (the angle of view is not the same):

After appliying the subset, I obtain that:

Then, I had the impression the mouth was a bit ahead compared to the lips, so I made a subset of the mouth, added a transform node to translate and fit the mouth, and applied the transmormed mouth subset. I finally obtained that:

My subset of the mouth is like that:

Maybe it was a mistake to translate the mouth?

Edit:

I have another question: how did you move the eyelids only a little bit? When I try to move it even a little bit, it moves very much and becomes completlu ugly...

A couple of suggestions you may try -:

1. You only need to isolate Eyes and Mouth, leave EyeSocket there. (Screenshot 1)
    2. You didn't post the fixed geometry but also isolate Eyes and Mouth if there're. (Screenshot 2)
    3. In this way, you shouldn't get distortion on Mouth after wrapping. If you still have it, use Brush to fix it or fix it with DS/Blender.

As for "Moving a little bit", pls refer to this short video clip - https://mega.nz/file/STZyQKAQ#nt-UO2aTGZNWuWQAMaFHtiCYXEv1xMXT0Y5vTVZIlNA

SNAG-2023-12-3-0000.png
    2559 x 1358 - 830K
    SNAG-2023-12-3-0003.png
    2559 x 1353 - 625K
    SNAG-2023-12-3-0004.png
    2559 x 1356 - 1M
  • Thank you very much! laugh Well, I am surprise because in your video, it seems very simple to move just a little bit, but when I try, it move really very much:

Here, I barely moved  my mouse, but the result is a very big move... Could it be due to a difference of scale? Since my DS character was quite "small" in Wrap, I needed to zoom pretty much to work, and it seemed to slow down my computer. So, I fit the scale parametter of the loadGeom node to 100, so as to less need to zoom... Could it impact the brush sensibility? Or maybe, could it be because I used only one brush node? (I didn't understand what is the first brush used for...)
    I fit the radius and strenght of the brush to the minimum, but it still moves very much...

Oh... I've never seen such an issue. Scaling shouldn't be that reason. I usually set Scale in LoadGeom node to 0.1 otherwise Daz figure will be too big there.

You post me screenshot of the brush settings or better a video clip ~~ 

edited December 2023

Ok, it's the first time I share a video on a forrum, so I hope it will work... I also give you a screenshot of my first settings for the brush, but I tried to modifiy them in the video. Whatever the settings I choosed, the issue was still here...

https://clipchamp.com/watch/twv39t6oAQM

edited December 2023

I've checked the video and screenshot, I don't think there's any issue coming from the settings. It just seems that when you dragged the mouse with only a small distance,  the mesh jumped outside...  I just don't know why. You can try other brushes as well to see if there's the similar issue. If they all behave like this, I guess there maybe some problem with your mouse or mouse driver. You may check the speed settings of your mouse, etc. Or change a mouse to test...

If this way in Wrap really doesn't work, I'm afraid you have to try the 2nd way in DS/Blender.

• Thank you very much! laugh I made more tests and it seems it's due to the scale. When I fit the scale to 1 or 10, the brush works correctly, but since I had fitted the scale to 100, it looks like the brush was too strong, even with the radius and strength at their minimal values. Since I need to zoom too much when I fit the scale to 1 or 10, I tried to save my wrapped character as an obj with the scale to 100. Then, I reimported it into Wrap with the scale to 1, but this 1 corresponding to the 100 of the saved mesh. Then, I tried the brush and it seems to work correctly! devil I will try to fix the eyelids in Wrap by this way, I hope it will work...

About the mouth, I guess I need to make more investigations to understand what happened; for now, I didn't understand what I did wrong with it...

Thank you very much for your help, anyway! yes

OK, more experiments may lead to final success ! yes