Plain Info Icon or "Clear Selection" Script (Solved)

SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Is it possible to make an Icon show up in the Content Library that just has information (text) and doesn't form any function apart from providing information?

Or is it possible to make a Script for "Clear Selection" that can be tied to the Icon?

Post edited by Szark on

Comments

• If there's a dummy file - a 0-byte .duf or Poser file - with the same name then the icon will show. If there's a script with the same name, but no .duf if in a DAZ Studio Content Directory, then the script will run when the icon is double-clicked.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

Thanks I get all that but it may sound silly but how do I make a dummy file and how hard is it to make a "Clear Slection" script I have looked in the Docs and Google but as of yet I haven't found a  solution.

• A dummy file - open a text editor, save without typing anything, and for File type select All Files (*.*), then type the extension at the end.

A simple deseelct script might look something like

// Get list of nodesvar selectedItems = Scene.getSelectedNodeList();// go through deselectingfor ( var n = 0 ; n < selectedItems.length ; n++ ) {	selectedItems[ n ].select( false );}

Ok cool if that is all it does Clears all selected items in a scene then yeah that is super duper. I will give a shot later. I know the rest of the process from my last scripting question. Thanks again Richard.

edited November 2015

Yeah beauty Richard that is perfect, thank you for that. Job Complete now.

Post edited by Szark on
  • Glad to help.