Material copy script for G8.1

Hi, I own https://www.daz3d.com/natural-fae-wings-for-genesis-8 and it has a script to copy the skin material from a G8 male or female character. The wings work with 8.1 also. Does anyone know of a material copy script that could work with this model?

I have contacted the vendor who referred me to Daz. I have submitted a tech support request for an update. I don't know how long that will take or if it will ever be done, so I thought I would ask here, also.

Kind regards,

Druc.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You can apply the material on G8.1 characters in 2 steps.

1) On the Torso surface of the wings apply PBRSkin shader.

2) Copy the Body surface on the character to the wings Torso surface.

• drucdruc Posts: 399

Thanks felis. That didn't work. Issue, I think is the different UV maps.8.1 is different to 8 in the shoulder and head area. The geograft on the wings is within the torso of a G8 character. With an G8.1 character the geograft covers both the body and head. There is no option to change the UV map in the wings. Changing the UV map on G8.1 has unpleasant results.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

You are saying "That didn't work". Which step didn't work and what do you see?

Attached is Clara 8.1 with the wings.

What charactar are you trying on?

NalFae_wings_G81.png
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

If G8.1 character's Body / Head surface uses different texture map with Base 8.1 Female UV set, simple copy/paste won't work as Fae Wings's UV set is only in line with Base Female (G8.0 - single Torso).  It'll be a bit cumbersome to make it ~

- First, split Torso surface on Wings to Head / Body with Geo Editor.
    - Convert texture maps of Body and Head of G8.1 to G8.0 with Map Transfer
    - Convert shader if neede first , copy paste shader settings from G8.1's Body / Head to Wings' Body / Head surfaces. Then replace the maps with the converted ones.

SNAG-2023-12-3-0006.png
    2560 x 1400 - 2M
    SNAG-2023-12-3-0007.png
    2560 x 1400 - 2M