Yet Another DAZ Install Manager issue

Since yesterday, 11/28/2023, no new purchased products are showing up in the Ready to Download tab.  Existing installed products are showing up with out an issue.

Checking the log file everything seems fine until the very end:

2023-11-29 22:33:29.304 [WARNING] :: Network Error during authentication.
2023-11-29 22:33:29.304 [WARNING] :: Unable to parse purchased products
2023-11-29 22:33:29.304 [WARNING] :: Invalid JSON formatting while processing purchased items.

I tried on two different systems, a Mac Studio running Sonoma and a Mac Pro 2013 running Monterey, both exhibited the same behavior with the same log entry.  It all worked fine on 11/27/2023.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lloyd Staley Jr

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,677

Not seen that error before. It's a bit odd that if there was an error with authentication that it would then still try and retrieve a list of purchased products. I assume you have not changed your password recently and you are running the latest version of DIM (i.e. you didn't skip the update messages when running it before) as those would be the first things to look at. Also, if you have made a change to your router settings maybe (since it's an issue that is affecting two machines on the same network) that could now be blocking something important. Other than that, it may be that one of the products you purchased since it last worked has a name (or another bit of metadata) that is corrupting the data file that DIM downloads from DAZ to check your installed products against. Although, I believe JSON copes with most things except unescaped quotes and backslashes, newlines and tabs in places they should not be. The log does talk of a cache but I do not know of a way to clear that.

Sounds like that may be one for a support ticket.

• lloyflloyf Posts: 25

The authentication part seems fine:

2023-11-29 22:33:12.025 [VERBOSE] :: Logging in...

2023-11-29 22:33:13.113 [VERBOSE] :: Logged in

2023-11-29 22:33:13.117 [VERBOSE] :: Checking session ID validity...

2023-11-29 22:33:13.314 [VERBOSE] :: Session ID valid

Nothing has changed with router. Nothing has changed with either computer.  Very strange.

I guess I will have to submit a ticket.  Not fun. :(

Created a ticket yesterday, no response yet. Tried deleting and reinstalling DIM with no help.  Discovered some more maybe related oddifies.  If I go to the order web page and select "Download & Install" it copies the sku to DIM and downloads and installs for single products with no issues.  For bundles it generates a browser error:

The server experienced an error: 7770886180263703293

Also if I go to "Product Library" it generates a browser error:

The server experienced an error: 7770886180263703293

It generates the same types of errors using both Safari and Firefox.  I am starting to think it is not a DIM problem, but rather an error with my account on the daz3d.com web site.

• Bundles don't usually have any files of their own to install.

• This is not an isolated incident.  The same issue has started for me in the last day or so. 

• Daz IM will not let me download ANYTHING! It worked on the same machine a month ago, all I did was reinstall windows and wiped the HD and started over since there was a new version of DAZ.....?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,232

redpowerandlight said:

Daz IM will not let me download ANYTHING! It worked on the same machine a month ago, all I did was reinstall windows and wiped the HD and started over since there was a new version of DAZ.....?

Since you say you reinstalled Windows, it might be the problem linked in this thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/662356/can-t-download-anything-on-new-pc

It appears that creating a ticket was a waste of time.  Three weeks and no action.  So frustrating to see Face Transfer 2 released, which I dutifuly bought in the pre-release stage, and not be able to use it, as I can't retrieve any updates.  Three weeks without so much as an acknowledgment of the ticket.  Something is seriously broken with the Help Center.  So frustrating knowing what the problem is and not being able to get it fixed (or even acknowleged).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,865

lloyf said:

It appears that creating a ticket was a waste of time.  Three weeks and no action.  So frustrating to see Face Transfer 2 released, which I dutifuly bought in the pre-release stage, and not be able to use it, as I can't retrieve any updates.  Three weeks without so much as an acknowledgment of the ticket.  Something is seriously broken with the Help Center.  So frustrating knowing what the problem is and not being able to get it fixed (or even acknowleged).

DS 4.22.0.15 (with FT2) is here; https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_13176

DS4.PNG
    769 x 824 - 124K

Unfortunately my DAZ account is so broken even that does not work. It generates the same type of web error:

The server experienced an error: 1544666509425749327

So frustrating this has been going on for three weeks now.

lloyf said:

Unfortunately my DAZ account is so broken even that does not work. It generates the same type of web error:

The server experienced an error: 1544666509425749327

So frustrating this has been going on for three weeks now.

Have you tried VPN to 'change' your location?

I have tried from multiple locations, both home and work. Also multiple browsers, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. All with the same error.  Multiple MacOS versions, multiple machines, even an iPad, all with the same result.  Maybe later I will try a Linux system, I don't have access to a recent Windows system.

lloyf said:

I have tried from multiple locations, both home and work. Also multiple browsers, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. All with the same error.  Multiple MacOS versions, multiple machines, even an iPad, all with the same result.  Maybe later I will try a Linux system, I don't have access to a recent Windows system.

Yes, but have you tried changing your geographical location with VPN? 

edited December 2023

I'm asking because Daz uses "content distribution network" (CDN) and there has been occasions when people in certain geographical location have had problems with the site, but when they have changed their location to for example Utah with VPN, the problems have gone away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network

Post edited by PerttiA on

I configured a VPN.  I tried changing the location to various US cities with the same behavior.  I even tried Montreal and Zurich (was really slow when using that one).  No luck with any of them.  I really feel the issue is with my account at DAZ.  If I could just get someone to look into it. :(

Just for "fun", since all of my testing has been on a Mac with various versions of MacOS, I tried using an Ubuntu Linux system to connect to my account on the daz3d.com web page.  When selecting "Product Library" I get same "The server experienced an error:" message.  Note that other functions, like "Serial Numbers" and "Orders" work without a problem.

I give up.  No action on the help request for well over a month, not even as much as an acknowledgment .  Like a fool I keep buying bundles I can't access and products which can never be updated.  No more.  The DAZ+ subscription expires in a week and after 10+ years (counting the predecessor) I will cancel it.  My first purchase was 19 years ago, not much point in continuing.  Maybe I will check back in a year, wait probably not enough time to get any action on the ticket, maybe two years.  Luckily this isn't the only game in town.  Time to give that other product a go.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,431

It's really a shame that Daz does not respond to the customer's request, especially to whom ever started to buy Daz product 19 years ago... I've seen quite a lot similar complaints recently... I even have nothing to say but disappointment for such an attitude from them.