I went to DS and all of a sudden my gen 8 generation are not there not found the icons are.

Weird I changed nothing but my windows show no generation 8 characters no male or female icon is there is all. I tried to download essentials but still I don't have Genesis 8 F or Male Genesis . What can be the problem

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Where coulDn't you find the thumbnails of G8F/G8M... Content Library or Smart Content ?

• AngellsAngells Posts: 111

The icons for the characters are there in Smart content but the figures can't be found. I reinstalled through daz content manager, but generation 8 still won't show up.

Angells said:

The icons for the characters are there in Smart content but the figures can't be found. I reinstalled through daz content manager, but generation 8 still won't show up.

You can see the thumbnails of figures but they cannot be loaded into the scene ? Better post a screenshot ~~

SNAG-2023-11-30 0093.png
    1161 x 1399 - 250K

023-11-30 09:29:24.710 [INFO] :: Could not open file : /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf  from error log. The files show up in content library but can't be found when trying to load them. Same thing in smart content. When clicking on the any 8 figure it says content not found

Screenshot 2023-11-30 094326.png
    904 x 800 - 275K
    edited November 2023

You must have installed the products via Daz Connect.  Suggest you completely uninstall Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in Smart Content with Daz Connect. Install it with Install Manager.

And DO NOT log on to Daz when launching DS. (uncheck logon related options in F2 - Startup tab...)

Post edited by crosswind on

I don't have daz connect, I installed it with IM and I uninstalled the Genesis 8 Starter and reinstalled, same thing still not found.

The strangest thing is all my characters for G8 male and female work, just says g8 is missing.

Angells said:

I don't have daz connect, I installed it with IM and I uninstalled the Genesis 8 Starter and reinstalled, same thing still not found.

But in your screenshot, you've already logged on Daz Connect...

SNAG-2023-12-1 0094.png
    1060 x 949 - 352K

yes , but where do you uninstall the content from Daz Connect.  The content isn't found by DS.  As shown in the screen shot.

• Find the product in the Products tab of Smart Content, right-click on it, and select Uninstall (it will have either Install, in which case this isn't the issue, or Uninstall - if it has neither you are not right-clicking on the product).

Thank you for your help, it worked .