FBX Export Issue - No character body in export when brought into C4D

Hi, 

Pulling my hair out slightly with this one. The same animation was working fine last week, I was exporting an animation from Daz to FBX format. Bringing it into c4d using the merge objects option and it was bringing everything across perfectly. Now, when I do the same export flow, it's bringing across everything but my genesis character. Can somebody please save me from going bald? See attachments...

I've tried using different years on the format, deselecting different options, restarting etc...

Thanks

Joe

FBX Issue.PNG
3500 x 1851 - 1M
FBX In C$D.PNG
3466 x 1483 - 1M

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169

Is there any geograft on this G8F ?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,870

crosswind said:

This. When I try to export characters with geografts, this is usually what I see. I say "usually" because occasionally it works, and I don't know what makes the difference or if it's just random chance. 

Gordig said:

crosswind said:

This. When I try to export characters with geografts, this is usually what I see. I say "usually" because occasionally it works, and I don't know what makes the difference or if it's just random chance. 

I don't know the root reason and I haven't had any occasion to make it work so far.. haha ~~  Probably because the geograft is "merged" with figure's mesh, and that "partial mesh" is hidden, the exporter cannot handle it correctly...

crosswind said:

Gordig said:

crosswind said:

I don't know the root reason and I haven't had any occasion to make it work so far.. haha ~~  Probably because the geograft is "merged" with figure's mesh, and that "partial mesh" is hidden, the exporter cannot handle it correctly...

I've had success with exporting the character twice, once with the geograft(s) and once without, then merging them in C4D or Houdini. 

Gordig said:

crosswind said:

Gordig said:

crosswind said:

I've had success with exporting the character twice, once with the geograft(s) and once without, then merging them in C4D or Houdini. 

Understood ~ Thanks! I used to be with C4D for a period of time then I switched to Blender with Diffeomorphic.

I would imagine the same procedure would work in Blender. Meanwhile, we're all still waiting to hear back from the OP to see if we've addressed their issue or not.

If the OP is on the latest version of DS, apparently there's also this, which I haven't experienced yet.

Yea ~ that's it. As DTB bridge also use FBX format, that might be the baking issue comes from the plug-in. A pure FBX file seems with no such a problem by now.