Please help me understand the license

Hi, I am making a game and have some problem understanding the license, I bought genesis3 as well as 8, a morph for shape of the face, some clothes, I bought interactive license for every one of the objects and made a character adjusting size of the head, muscles etc, reduced to base resolution and exported a collada to blender to furter work in the rigging, my question is if there is some kind of legal problem to make my main character using those models, the interactive license suggest it can be used but then there is some new license extra and I dont really know if continue working with those models or require explicit permision, I have seen chinese games that aparently use characters made from genesis models can someone explain it in asimple way with examples please?

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,624

You need the interactive licence for every product that you export to use in your 3D game. This is due to you a having to distribute the actual mesh and raw textures of the object.

If your game ONLY contains 2D renders (e.g. a Visual Novel) then you do not need the additional licence.

Bear in mind that any items with the editorial licence cannot be used in your game in any way.

For other games that you have seen, I don't think you can really pay too much attention to them since you would have no way of knowing what licences they have paid for.

• You have to specifically say the type of game you intend to make.  A 3d first person shooter,  or,  a Visual Novel type game.  They are very different in what they use and which license applies. 

A 3d first person shooter needs an interactive license. Extra cost to be paid

A Visual Novel type game is covered under the standard license that a customer odtains when they buy the product.