Cannot update to face transfer 2

I have bought and registered face transfer 1 and for the life of me the new serial key for face transfer 2 doesnt allow you to press ok to confirm when you paste it in. am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,915

It's a pre-order sale. From the product page copy, it's not clear to me whether it's available for immediate use in the Beta or if that's coming in December along with the General Release.

• It is not yet in any (publicly) available channel.

• i also got face transfer 2, do i need to get face transfer 1 first? i seen the new video they have for face transfer 2 and in the pluggin area in the video it shows face transfer 2 but my daz studio doesnt have this ? in the video they are using DAZ studio 4.22 pro but it also say private build, im using 4.22 pro also, maybe its only in the private build and we have to wait for a update?

• I'm new to Daz and just installed it the other day. There is no Face Transfer 2 listed in my plugins. I guess we have to wait for the update. There are Youtube tutorials up now.

• Same here

• NINKY.NONK said:

Same here

And you are using the Public Build, 4.22.0.9, not the General Release, 4.22.0.1?

• NINKY.NONK said:

Same here

And you are using the Public Build, 4.22.0.9, not the General Release, 4.22.0.1?

Can you have both because that sounds like a beta build which I don't often use.
  • dustinmeyer1234 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

NINKY.NONK said:

Same here

Can you have both because that sounds like a beta build which I don't often use.

Yes, they can be isntalled side-by-side and even run at the same time.

• Where does one update. I don't see an option under DIM?

• I meant, where does one update to studio 4.44.09.   Am running 4.22.01 and do not see an option under DIM.  Having the same issue.  On a Mac.

• EvieSEvieS Posts: 66

A friend has had this issue and asked me to assist in his install. I show FACE TRANSFER 1.5.05 available in his plugins (same as my own DS). I tried putting his key for 2.0 in and I get same result he did - no accept option. Has he bought something that doesn't work? I see the item for sell in the store and he's clearly purchased himself a key but 2.0 is not installed in the 4.21 version of DAZ Studio and putting the serial into the 1.5.05 version of FT does nothing. Could someone with DAZ address this issue. It's affecting a lot of folks clearly. This seems like a very odd manner to release something.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2023

EvieS said:

A friend has had this issue and asked me to assist in his install. I show FACE TRANSFER 1.5.05 available in his plugins (same as my own DS). I tried putting his key for 2.0 in and I get same result he did - no accept option. Has he bought something that doesn't work? I see the item for sell in the store and he's clearly purchased himself a key but 2.0 is not installed in the 4.21 version of DAZ Studio and putting the serial into the 1.5.05 version of FT does nothing. Could someone with DAZ address this issue. It's affecting a lot of folks clearly. This seems like a very odd manner to release something.

It will not be available in 4.21 ,it has to be upgraded to the latest public build for the serial number to work . Which is 4.22 ...the Face Transfer 2 is included in that build and the serial number opens unlimited on it .

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • EvieSEvieS Posts: 66
    edited December 2023

Ah! I sort of figured that might be the case. Neither of us have upgraded and aren't going to with all the scuttlebutt about crash issues accompaning the release. I've advised him to request a refund.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,583
    edited December 2023

carrie58 said:

EvieS said:

It will not be available in 4.21 ,it has to be upgraded to the latest public build for the serial number to work . Which is 4.22 ...the Face Transfer 2 is included in that build and the serial number opens unlimited on it .

The latest general release is now 4.22.0.15 and has FT2 

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • EvieS said:

Ah! I sort of figured that might be the case. Neither of us have upgraded and aren't going to with all the scuttlebutt about crash issues accompaning the release. I've advised him to request a refund.

Beware of rumours - the main crashing is with an unupdated Out of Touch hair shader, easily fixed (just remove any maps assigned to Transmitted Colour).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 24,001
    Yes, 4.22 runs just fine. The problem is with old versions OOT hair products, as Richard said. It is not a Daz Studio or Iray problem. Old Daz Studio versions were more forgiving of the OOT shader error. New versions no longer let the error get by and cause the crash.