aniMate and Carrara?

Wow, been going around in circles trying to decide what to get before the sale ends! I discovered a product called aniMate- it helps with your animations- fair enough. Since I'm getting Carrara do I need aniMate2?

I found the Hip Hop animation move set which is generally for Daz Studio then I found this aniMate aniBlock Importer for Carrara.The question I hope can be answered is, If I get aniMate2, the Carrara importer aaaand the hip hop move set will it all work in Carrara, or should I just stick with using Daz Studio? I guess that was a two-part question, oops. And yet, I have another one (sorry everyone). If I can use aniMate2 with Carrara (using the importer)  and the hip hop set, should I? Will it offer any advantages over just using Daz Studio with aniMate2? I've been told that Carrara is better than Daz Studio for animation and I really want to work with the hip hop set aniMate Hip Hop Moves 1 for my first human character animation experiment.

I apologize for my ignorance; I'm reading about and tinkering with Daz Studio while I pick out items during the sale. I really appreciate the help i've been getting. It's a great communuity here and I'm grateful I've found this place. Thanks againsmiley

Comments

• I don't use Carrara for animation, but if you search the forum for posts by Dartanbeck he has a lot about Animate. 

• FenFen Posts: 53

Thanks Brian, I'm still looking around gathering info. I've heard Dartenbeck is indeed the one to seek for all things Carrara. I'm heading to the threads. Latersmiley

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

In addition to Dart's must-see threads here, his website has a Carrara zone.  Highly recommended.  https://sites.google.com/view/dartanbeckcom/carrara-zone

Diomede said:

In addition to Dart's must-see threads here, his website has a Carrara zone.  Highly recommended.  https://sites.google.com/view/dartanbeckcom/carrara-zone

Thanks Diomede! Well there is no shortage of resources that's for sure. Bookmarked it! I've bookmarked a few sites in the last few days. The community here is so helpful and I really appreciate it. See ya aroundsmiley

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Fen said:

...  If I get aniMate2, the Carrara importer aaaand the hip hop move set will it all work in Carrara ..

I have had  the Carrara Animate Importer for a long time with no problem (see attached list).  Typically I save the resulting animations as Carrara clips, which are then available for use as any other Carrara clips. My Carrara Clip browser is pretty extensive, well beyond the numerous Animate imports.

DAZ Animate.jpg
    601 x 927 - 116K

Awesome Steve, I feel better now lol. Thanks buddysmiley

• Steve K said:

Fen said:

...  If I get aniMate2, the Carrara importer aaaand the hip hop move set will it all work in Carrara ..

I have had  the Carrara Animate Importer for a long time with no problem (see attached list).  Typically I save the resulting animations as Carrara clips, which are then available for use as any other Carrara clips. My Carrara Clip browser is pretty extensive, well beyond the numerous Animate imports.

yeah but the AniBlock importer for Carrara is no longer for sale

if Fen wants to import AniBlocks they have to bake them on the timeline in DAZ studio and save an animated duf pose 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,877
    edited November 2023

Bunyip02 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/animate-carrara-aniblock-importer-starter-bundle

ah there is still a bundle, the individual importer was pulled yes

the good thing is those AniBlocks will be perfectly useable in DAZ studio too 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited November 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

Yikes! The Carrara indivdual aniBlock importer is in my cart...not that I'm able to buy it or anything lol, but it's there. Oh, this keeps getting better...notfrown. I need another coffee...Good morning everyone!

Post edited by Fen on
  • Fen said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

Yikes! The Carrara indivdual aniBlock importer is in my cart...not that I'm able to buy it or anything lol, but it's there. Oh, this keeps getting better...notfrown. I need another coffee...Good morning everyone!

it's not a good price at the moment anyway, don't rush into buying anything not on sale 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

Actually, the individual importer is still available.  I assume that you did not untick the "Hide Items I Own" box. :)

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Fen said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

it's not a good price at the moment anyway, don't rush into buying anything not on sale 

Yeah, no worries. This is just a hobby for me anyway. Daz Studio is a big learning curve but it will keep me buzy until (if) this gets sorted out lol.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,233

Hey Fen!!! 

I have a nice little page that might help out some as well:

For Carrara - aniMate 2

It has this wonderful tutorial for the aniBlock Importer for Carrara and a whole lot more

edited November 2023

UnifiedBrain said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Bunyip02 said:

Actually, the individual importer is still available.  I assume that you did not untick the "Hide Items I Own" box. :)

Just so you know, I use Bone Minion and/or zaz777's script to convert aniBlocks from earlier generations to new ones as well. I have collected all of GoFigure's aniBlocks and I love them. Reisormocap's too - even the older ones before they came with aniBlocks. I simply use the paid version of aniMate 2 to turn them into aniBlocks because, to me it's important to be able to work with animations in aniMate 2 before committing to the timeline.

Although we'll be using Daz Studio, I have a Webinar coming this Sunday at Digital Art Live where I'll be showing a lot of the overlooked functions of aniMate 2, demonstrating how I use Bone Minion for cross-figure animation translations as well as to get good conversions from Mixamo free FBX animation downloads, which also helps to have 3D Universe's Body2Hip tool, which I'll also be demonstrating along with the incredible LimbStick.

The reason that this Daz Studio webinar is just as valuable for Carrara users is that we can do all of these things in Studio, create our new, custom aniBlocks, and Import them into Carrara! Win Win!!!

View Event Page at Digital Art Live

What you Will Learn

(Topics will be across two webinar sessions)

• Hidden/overlooked powerful features of aniMate
      • Intro: Basic Use of aniMate (to get things started)
      • Timeline Guides – Trim and Blend aniBlocks
      • Multiple Start Circles
      • Splitting Cropping Mirroring
      • Working with Sub Tracks
      • Speed, Direction and Positioning
      • High Heel Offset
      • Editing Keyframes
      • Editing Individual Motion Paths
      • Editing Preferences
      • Parent Constraints
    • The excellence of aniBlock packs sold at DAZ 3D
    • Cross Generation Animation Conversion
    • Swapping aniBlocks for Upper and Lower body regions to create Impressive New Motions
    • Working with Characters and Vehicles in Motion
    • Getting Professional Results from Mixamo Animations
    • Using LimbStick with Motion Captured Animations
    • The Power We Get from Bone Minion Bundles
    • Demonstration of aniBlocks on Monsters, Animals and Robots
    • Demonstration of Linday’s Animation Four-Wheeler Template
    • The Power of Partial aniBlocks and how to Make them
    • Demonstration of Genesis 3 & 8 Face Controls
    • Demonstration of PoseRecorder Performance Capture
    • A Special Thanks to Contributing Artists and to Daz 3d
    • The Hidden Power of DAZ Studio
    • Case Study Examples

This Webinar series is for you if…

• You’re interested in uncovering the hidden and often overlooked powerful features of aniMate, enhancing your animation capabilities in DAZ Studio.
    • You want to learn how to efficiently use aniBlocks, including advanced techniques like trimming, blending, and customizing motion paths for more dynamic animations.
    • You’re keen on exploring the vast potential of aniBlock packs, cross-generation animation conversion, and integrating unique movements for characters and vehicles.

This is for you if you want to accomplish…

• Mastering the basic to advanced functionalities of aniMate, ensuring a solid foundation for creating professional and intricate animations in DAZ Studio.
    • Expanding your creative horizons by learning how to modify and combine aniBlocks, achieving impressive new motions and animations.
    • Gaining expertise in leveraging specialized tools and resources like Motion Captured Animations, LimbStick, Bone Minion Bundles, and more, to elevate your animation projects.

Webinar Details

Session 1

Date: Sunday December 3rd

Time: 19:00 GMT (London) / 14:00 EST (New York) / 11:00 PST (Los Angeles)

Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours

Session 2

Date: Sunday December 10th

Time: 19:00 GMT (London) / 14:00 EST (New York) / 11:00 PST (Los Angeles)

Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours

View Event Page at Digital Art Live

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,759

Hmm - 5AM start for me, may have to miss it as I will be snoring ZZZZs about then .....

Come on... we'll do Coffee!!!

Not an early morning person unfortunately .....

Working on this stuff lately, I'm often still awake working at that time. 

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,194

Bunyip02 said:

Then I don't recommend the 48 Hour Film Contest, two days to do a 5 minute +/- video (animation in my case) given a random genre (Drama, Western, SciFi, etc.), prop, character and line of dialogue.  The advice is "If you sleep, you're doing it wrong."  wink

Steve K said:

Bunyip02 said:

Then I don't recommend the 48 Hour Film Contest, two days to do a 5 minute +/- video (animation in my case) given a random genre (Drama, Western, SciFi, etc.), prop, character and line of dialogue.  The advice is "If you sleep, you're doing it wrong."  wink

Yeah... that sound about right! 

Dartanbeck said:

Working on this stuff lately, I'm often still awake working at that time. 

Sometimes I am awake at that time but it's due to me not sleeping very well. Am a bit groggy/zombiefied at that hour, coffee does not help ....

Steve K said:

Bunyip02 said:

Definately not my cup of tea !!!!

Can't sleep due to very hot weather, need to turn the graphics computer off as it's increasing in temperature as well.

Will see ifI can buy the videos after my next Pension day as very interested in the Animate work-flow !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Can't sleep due to very hot weather, need to turn the graphics computer off as it's increasing in temperature as well.

Will see ifI can buy the videos after my next Pension day as very interested in the Animate work-flow !!!

Hope it's released in the DAZ Store, picked up some Animation tutes in todays 70% off sale !

It will be. Yeah... I like grabbing those too. It's my kind of TV :)

The Power of AniMate 2 : Animating with Precision in DAZ Studio - https://www.daz3d.com/the-power-of-animate-2--animating-with-precision-in-daz-studio

Woohoo - Wishlisted as I have already spent this pay's budget !!!

Bunyip02 said:

The Power of AniMate 2 : Animating with Precision in DAZ Studio - https://www.daz3d.com/the-power-of-animate-2--animating-with-precision-in-daz-studio

Woohoo - Wishlisted as I have already spent this pay's budget !!!

Payday's here - bought !!!