Skin on Gen8.1F and Chiffon Slip Dress Issues

The Gen8.1 Female is rendering white. How do I fix the skin? I also have the chiffon slip dress that I'm trying to get to lay on the floor (GF is sitting on ground) Can anyone lead me in the right direction for help?

Thank you!

Girl on Floor.jpg
640 x 800 - 70K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,064

Which version of DS are you using? 

• Sorry, I just installed 4.22. Also, I have LAMH Vellum hair on her...going to remove it and see what happens. I added a Gen9 monkey with LAMH added, and it's hair is white as well when I render.

Rendering in 3Delight.

• Update: I tried rendering in Iray - everything is black. (I did choose 3Delight shaders). Removed LAMH and no change in the girl or the monkey.

A Girl and her Monkey.jpg
    640 x 800 - 244K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,321

3delight shaders don't work in Iray if its just the 3dl default shader DS should convert automatically on render, other shaders won't.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,064
    edited November 2023

rowanscop said:

Sorry, I just installed 4.22. Also, I have LAMH Vellum hair on her...going to remove it and see what happens. I added a Gen9 monkey with LAMH added, and it's hair is white as well when I render.

Rendering in 3Delight.

G8.1 uses Iray PBR skin shader, and 3DL doesn't know how to render that. So you'd need to change the skin materials.

Not sure what shader the monkey uses but it could be the same.

Regarding cothes rendering black with Iray, what kind of 3DL materials did you use on them? Iray can automatically "translate" 3DL using some of the base 3DL shaders, but custom 3DL shaders won't work at all in Iray for example.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Okay, I figured it out. Everything renders in Iray great, I just had to delete the environment. for some reason that fixed the girl & monkey. Thank you for your help!