V4 Poses in Nov 2023

I purchased this: https://www.daz3d.com/flexi-girls-poses because as I've said before; Not being a contortionist is a life regret.  Not dating a contortionist is a life mistake. blush

After a couple years I thought I'd see if I could use the poses on a figure in DAZ Studio as a reference for creating G8-9 poses, what with them being mesh based not carbon based bipedal mammals and all.  I'm terrible at posing & this would be a challenging practice.  I purchased these: https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female  |  https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-base however I could not find them in my content directory after a DIM install.  I checked under the Poser section too.  I'll try looking again tonight but if anyone has any V4 tips I'd owe you one. 

"Jerry, get out of the booth, take all your cloths off and fold yourself 12 times." - The Rickshank Rickdemption episode

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169
    edited November 2023

In here ~~ Then Show Assets in Mapped folder...which will lead you to Poser Formats folder(s)...

SNAG-2023-11-26-0024.png
    528 x 1401 - 281K
    SNAG-2023-11-26-0025.png
    715 x 914 - 123K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • 844d1cc615844d1cc615 Posts: 85
    edited November 2023

crosswind said:

In here ~~ Then Show Assets in Mapped folder...which will lead you to Poser Formats folder(s)...

Thanks.  I checked there again but Victoria 4.2 Base does not show.  Only the other one wich I think is just textures, Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female.    Victoria 4.2 Base shows purchased on the site but does not show up in anywhere the DIM.

Screenshot 2023-11-27 023727.jpg
    1608 x 735 - 211K
    Post edited by 844d1cc615 on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,169
    edited November 2023

844d1cc615 said:

crosswind said:

Thanks.  I checked there again but Victoria 4.2 Base does not show.  Only the other one wich I think is just textures, Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female.    Victoria 4.2 Base shows purchased on the site but does not show up in anywhere the DIM.

Can you set a filter in DIM to locate V4.2 Base product as below ? Or try to re-import metadata ?

As for Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female, (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16559/file_list), there're just 2 usable CLONE files for Auto-Fitting. When you load V4's garment on G2F, you can see the options...

SNAG-2023-11-27 0024.png
    1151 x 954 - 150K
    SNAG-2023-11-27 0025.png
    1038 x 813 - 123K
    SNAG-2023-11-27 0027.png
    2021 x 1398 - 403K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,492
    edited November 2023

Do be aware that there are intergenerational pose transfer products, both free & paid for. I have created a freebie script that copies the pose from a V4 character & pastes it to a G8F character as well as possible (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/448391/v4-a4-pose-transfer-to-g8f - at Rendo there have been over 2400 downloads of this script) and there are other freebie scripts and things like Bone Minion by Riversoft.

This may help if you are less than perfect at posing, but it removes the need for practice. It all depends on what you want most, the practice or the poses..

Regards,

Richard

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • crosswind said:

844d1cc615 said:

crosswind said:

Can you set a filter in DIM to locate V4.2 Base product as below ? Or try to re-import metadata ?

As for Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female, (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/16559/file_list), there're just 2 usable CLONE files for Auto-Fitting. When you load V4's garment on G2F, you can see the options...

I had an encrypted password file accident a while back.  My DAZ password wouldn't work.  The team here was very helpful and had to transfer all my purchases to a new account.  That one could have gotten lost?  I don't know.  I think to update metadata I'd have to sign into my account in DAZ Studio and accept a user agreement.  I didn't go to Haaaaaaaaavaaaaaaard Law School so I just don't do that.  When you say Haaaavaaaard you have to stick your pinky out.   cheeky   V4.2 Base is not to be found in my DIM.  I don't know if you can still download the zip files from here.  I'll look into that.  Thanks for the info.

• richardandtracy said:

Do be aware that there are intergenerational pose transfer products, both free & paid for. I have created a freebie script that copies the pose from a V4 character & pastes it to a G8F character as well as possible (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/448391/v4-a4-pose-transfer-to-g8f - at Rendo there have been over 2400 downloads of this script) and there are other freebie scripts and things like Bone Minion by Riversoft.

This may help if you are less than perfect at posing, but it removes the need for practice. It all depends on what you want most, the practice or the poses..

Regards,

Richard

Richardandtracy, richardandtracy... why does that sound so familiar?  Oh yeah I have some of your freebies already.  Thank you so very much.  I purchased a G3-8 to G9 pose converter/batch converter from here and I really like it so I am familiar with the concept.  I'm going to download the V4/A4 to G8F transfer freebie now & will try it out.  It may take some time but I'll post an update here as soon as I'm able to.  Thanks again!

• If you've bought a pose converter, you may find my one a bit basic as it needs both figures to be loaded into a scene. However, it usually does the job. Being a cheapskate, I generally prefer free options and if I can't do find one, I try to make one. Hope it works for you. Regards, Richard.
  • 844d1cc615844d1cc615 Posts: 85
    edited November 2023

richardandtracy said:

If you've bought a pose converter, you may find my one a bit basic as it needs both figures to be loaded into a scene. However, it usually does the job. Being a cheapskate, I generally prefer free options and if I can't do find one, I try to make one. Hope it works for you. Regards, Richard.

After I downloaded it I saw in the readme.txt that it required the V4 figure I don't have.  Perhaps one day I'll purchase V4 again.  Right now I've got a lot of products I purchased from that other place to test.  "The things you own end up owning you." -Fight Club.  If I don't spend some time away from this monitor I'm afraid I may too have an invisible Brad Pitt alter ego soon.  Although if you're mind is going to splinter in 2 being half Brad Pitt may not be so bad.  [Shrug] 

fc.gif
    500 x 208 - 761K
    Post edited by 844d1cc615 on
  • richardandtracy said:

If you've bought a pose converter, you may find my one a bit basic as it needs both figures to be loaded into a scene. However, it usually does the job. Being a cheapskate, I generally prefer free options and if I can't do find one, I try to make one. Hope it works for you. Regards, Richard.

Wow, how dumb am I?  I forgot when I did a clean install I hid a ton of stuff I didn't think I'd use again.  There was a lot of stuff hidden in DIM.  I'll get to try your script now.  Thanks again.  Ironic I was thinking of Fight Club as now I have "Where Is My Mind" by the Pixies stuck in my head.  [Solved] 

Screenshot 2023-12-09DS.jpg
    1037 x 531 - 128K