P3D Rowan Issues - Cannot find G9 Starter Essentials Eyes

I was going through my back catalogue of characters, and decided to fire up some different Gen 9 since I don't tinker with them too much.  I loaded up P3D Rowan Teen recently adn got an issue that it couldn't find /runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis9/eyes/g9_eyes08_nm.jpg

Not sure if it affects any other G9 models.  Anyone else run into something similar?

Comments

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095

Rowan Preteen is also impacted and looking for two files:

/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyes/G9_Eyes08_D.jpg

/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyes/G9_Eyes08_NM.jpg

In the '/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyes/' there is now only a Split folder (created at the start of Septembre, updated a week ago), and inside, I don't see any file named as the ones Rowan is looking at.

There is a 'Genesis9_Eyes_Iris_08_NM.png' which could be the replacement for 'G9_Eyes08_NM.jpg' but the lettered files only goas as far as c with a 'Genesis9_Eyes_Iris_08c.png' file.

It is maybe a consequence of the multiple updates of the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials bundle that happened since September, but I don't know if other caracter could be impacted.

I think the best way to solve the problem is to open a ticket with Daz support.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,171

Wrong path, should be "/runtime/textures/daz/characters/genesis9/Base/eyes/g9_eyes08_nm.jpg"

• Elor said:

Rowan Preteen is also impacted and looking for two files:

/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyes/G9_Eyes08_D.jpg

/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyes/G9_Eyes08_NM.jpg

In the '/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyes/' there is now only a Split folder (created at the start of Septembre, updated a week ago), and inside, I don't see any file named as the ones Rowan is looking at.

There is a 'Genesis9_Eyes_Iris_08_NM.png' which could be the replacement for 'G9_Eyes08_NM.jpg' but the lettered files only goas as far as c with a 'Genesis9_Eyes_Iris_08c.png' file.

It is maybe a consequence of the multiple updates of the Genesis 9 Starter Essentials bundle that happened since September, but I don't know if other caracter could be impacted.

I think the best way to solve the problem is to open a ticket with Daz support.

Thanks.  Will do.  Not sure either, other Gen 9 characters seem to work just fine.  That one, though, was one of the earliest ones that came out (came with Josie 9 bundle), so it's probably something that P3D overlooked, using the standard starter essentials textures instead of their own textures when making the characters, and it just broke with the updates that went on.

I also opened a request about the problem.

There is also a similar problem with another product, which point to a problem with Genesis 9 Starter Essentials:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/661181/deep-space-suit-for-genesis-9-thinks-i-don-t-have-genesis-9-starter-essentials-installed

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

I'm glad I left the updates in DIM.

• hi, I have a similar problem with the character UnforgettableHDForGenesis9, it can't find the following files

/Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyelashes/Genesis9_Eyelashes05_C.jpg
    /Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyelashes/Genesis9_Eyelashes05_NM.jpg
    /Runtime/Textures/DAZ/Characters/Genesis9/Base/Eyes /Split/Genesis9_Eyes_Iris_05b.png

What can I do?

Yesterday, 'Genesis 9 Starter Essentials' was updated and I don't have the problem with P3D Rowan anymore.

2023-11-27: Added in the unified eye texture maps.

@Hironibiki > Do you have the last 'Genesis 9 Starter Essentials' update ? These files are present in my Runtime folder, each of them at the path written in your message (but I don't have Unforgettable to check further).

If the problem is still happening with the last version of 'Genesis 9 Starter Essentials', you should open a request asking Daz support team for help:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us

• I submitted a ticket 3 days ago...no word yet...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909

Expozures said:

I submitted a ticket 3 days ago...no word yet...

For what? The G9 Essentials issue? 

Expozures said:

I submitted a ticket 3 days ago...no word yet...

You don't have access to the update I'm speaking about ?

I saw and got it this morning when I launched DIM to retrieve my last purchases.

• Just checked now and saw the update.  Looks like that did it.