DazCentral keep loading and loading

foxyfoxfurriesfoxyfoxfurries Posts: 322

Hey everyone.
For 3 days now my Daz3D Central keep loading and loading , I try to exit log off and log in again but nothing helps.
I bought two new items for my daz and I can't install them and when I try to install them in my DazCentral I can't see them because it's keep loading.
It's happend to more people or only to me? and if it's only to me any one know how to fix it?
Thanks!!! :)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Daz Central has been discontinued, one must use DIM instead

• Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio topic.

• That's too bad because DAZ Central made it easy to find assets, now it's like a black hole.... 

• You could use the Products tab in Smart Content, and DIM does give thumbnails in its tool tips (when hovering over an entry) if you downloaded them (select all, right-click and select the option to retrieve all thumbnails - I do this in the ready to Download tab so that the Ready To Install/Installed tabs ae always thumbnailed).

• Bring DazCentral back!!!

• Unexpected...

While it was far from perfect, it was by far the easiest and most visual way to browse your content.
    It's a bit of a shame that we're back to browsing purely visual content, without decent visuals at all, like it's a 90s database.

• Thanks for all the comments! So it means DazCentral is shutdown? if yes why?!? it was the best and easy to install and see what you have , It may come back again?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,170
    edited November 2023

foxyfoxfurries said:

Thanks for all the comments! So it means DazCentral is shutdown? if yes why?!? it was the best and easy to install and see what you have , It may come back again?

Yes ~~ shuddown, deprecated... its life-cycle was over. It won't come back I suppose. Most of DC's functions have been moved to DIM, which is much much more stable and reliable. Pls go for DIM and Smart Content. You'll soon get used to them and like them.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

Thanks for all the comments! So it means DazCentral is shutdown? if yes why?!? it was the best and easy to install and see what you have , It may come back again?

Yes ~~ shuddown, deprecated... its life-cycle was over. It won't come back I suppose. Most of DC's functions have been moved to DIM, which is much much more stable and reliable. Pls go for DIM and Smart Content. You'll soon get used to them and like them.

Oh ok I see it now in the download in the DAZ3D Site , I can download it on my installed folder with not risk to download everything again? 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,170

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

Oh ok I see it now in the download in the DAZ3D Site , I can download it on my installed folder with not risk to download everything again? 

No problem ~ as long as you correctly configure the settings in Install Manager. Any "migration" issue, just let us know. We'll help.

• crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

No problem ~ as long as you correctly configure the settings in Install Manager. Any "migration" issue, just let us know. We'll help.

Thank you so much! so just install it right? I didn't change the daz3d location and give it to the recommended  :)

• foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

Thank you so much! so just install it right? I didn't change the daz3d location and give it to the recommended  :)

Install Manager should pick up your Daz Central settings automatcically, as - with respect to folders used and the manifests used to track isntallation - they are the same application.

• Richard Haseltine said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

crosswind said:

foxyfoxfurries said:

Install Manager should pick up your Daz Central settings automatcically, as - with respect to folders used and the manifests used to track isntallation - they are the same application.

Thank you very much!