Reverse Source Shape for Target not working properly - Genesis 8 male body

So ive been wating to make a armor for one of my characters, but the problem is that when i use the transfer utility tool and apply the Reverse Source Shape for Target thingy the armor flips out and gets all messed up, how can i properly set it up?

There's images showing how it looks before and after transfer utility.

The mesh gets all messed up and broken, the model it's not scaled, it's not multiple moprhs, i dunno what to do for i can't really find more people having trouble with this, all help would be greatly apreciated :)

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-24 205734.png
343 x 485 - 130K
Captura de pantalla 2023-11-24 205911.png
307 x 469 - 120K

Comments

• 1. Try modeling the outfit to fit the base figure first. Make it into a clothing file. If it's passable [looks okay], save it. Delete it from the scene, selecting the target figure, load in the new clothing. Now dial in the character shape.

2. It is possible that there are some rigging and/or additional shaping morphs that will be required for this outfit [as with any outfit] to fit properly taking into consideration the joint control morphs and extreme shape requirements.

• I suspect it's just the effect of the reversal - it is often going to distort rigid items. If you want it only on the modified shape you could just load that as a morph and not worry too much about how it looked blank; if you want greate flexibility you could export that as OBJ, tidy it up, and rerig the result (then load your original mesh for the morph you originally modelled around)

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2023

As Catherine mentioned, always make Wearables with a Base Figure rather than a Character... Using Current + Reverse Source Shape will always bring various "distortion" to the conforming wearables...

And now, you may try to update the Base Geometry by using the unfitted obj file... Edit - Figure - Geometry - Update Base Geometry..., with 2nd option.

BTW, from the 1st screenshot I can see some poke-thru on the armor, try to avoid that before using TU next time...

Post edited by crosswind on