How to keep geograft's surfaces to stay OFF on geoshells

So yes, if you have geograft(s) + a geoshell, the geoshell will copy the geografts surfaces without copying the material and then the surfaces gets all white. In this case I dont need to have the surface On - I go Parameters > Shell, visibility and turn OFF those surfaces. Thing is I need to do this multiple times per session, as the second I switch to geometry editor tool, or I turn visibility off/on the figure's group, the geoshell loses memory or something and it's back to white. 

Any tips to keep it Off?

ty

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2023

TheCediz said:

So yes, if you have geograft(s) + a geoshell, the geoshell will copy the geografts surfaces without copying the material and then the surfaces gets all white. In this case I dont need to have the surface On - I go Parameters > Shell, visibility and turn OFF those surfaces. Thing is I need to do this multiple times per session, as the second I switch to geometry editor tool, or I turn visibility off/on the figure's group, the geoshell loses memory or something and it's back to white. 

Any tips to keep it Off?

ty

There's a much better way rather than setting Visibility: just select geoshell and go to Surfaces pane, locate geo-graft surface, filter Opacity Strength, set it to zero and Lock it! 

Then no matter you use Geo Editor, Node Weight Brush, Mesh Grabber, whatever... it won't turn white after switching back to a normal tool... unless you delete / undo or refit...

As below:

SNAG-2023-11-23-0010.png
    502 x 1302 - 99K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • TheCedizTheCediz Posts: 172

Well thats the tip I was looking for :) 

ez fix thank you!