Current state of motion blur with Iray?

emu42emu42 Posts: 50

With DS 4.22 I see log messages such as these (not sure if they were there in earlier version):

2023-11-20 08:37:10.350 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Importing geometry for motion time 0
2023-11-20 08:37:10.350 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Geometry import (1 triangle object with 528 triangles, 1 instance yielding 528 triangles) took 0.000 s
2023-11-20 08:37:10.350 Iray (Scene Update) : Updating motion transform data
2023-11-20 08:37:10.350 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Updating motion transforms.

"motion transforms"? So... are we there yet? Did I miss the big announcement saying that we finally have motion blur support with Iray? If so, then they hid the new feature really well, because I cannot find it.

Post edited by emu42 on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,172

There was no such a message in the log of previous DS General Release but it's been there in the log of PB version for > a year... It should be related to Nvidia motion blur but there's been no native motion blur function in DS up to now, while Blender started to have it nearly 3 years ago...

• emu42emu42 Posts: 50

crosswind said:

There was no such a message in the log of previous DS General Release but it's been there in the log of PB version for > a year... It should be related to Nvidia motion blur but there's been no native motion blur function in DS up to now, while Blender started to have it nearly 3 years ago...

Seems like progress is being made... just veery, very slowly. I guess I'll come back in a year and see if anything has happened. ;) 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,172

emu42 said:

crosswind said:

Seems like progress is being made... just veery, very slowly. I guess I'll come back in a year and see if anything has happened. ;) 

Probably it's a good idea laugh