Crazy Crash

Help!
I am struggling to heal & recover from several serious surgeries & a hospital stay. It was many months before I could get back to my DAZ Studio work. I have fallen behind the current versions of DAZ Studio. The only working version I have of DS is 4.9.4.122, 4.9 Pro Nvidia Iray 5/10/18. I also have a unused version of of DS 4.10.0.102 Mac 64.app (which I do not know if I can load & run on my Mac).

I am running macOS High Sierra v.10.13.6
DS is installed as: Applications/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime.

A thunderstorm crackled & crashed my computer while I  was working in DS & has scrambled many things up. Power  was off for several minutes. I had to reinstall DS from an old backup copy. As I had to reinstall by hand I am not sure I got it all done right. It has been a long time since I  have had to reinstall DS from past problems. Should Libraries be included in Runtime or elsewhere?
Most of my personal content files & hierarchy structures are also misplaced.

Now when I open a blank file page in Actors, Wardrobe & Props, Figures shows only V6 in Smart Content. Nothing in Shaping, & Surfaces shows, only named but blank icons from personal files or Mats from other personal projects. When I open DS Content Library to an empty scene it only displays G8 Male Actors. Surfaces are a mix of different figures, G2 & G8 Mats.
Pose & Animate only shows V8 characters content, nothing else.
I cannot apply new Mats to a figure, clothing, or hair.
I cannot apply new poses to figures.
I cannot select or apply different lights.
I cannot adjust cameras.
Only G8 heads are in Shaping.
Lots of Framed ! exclamation points in shaping.
Some Props are now Scenes.
No skin tone selections.
Many options are missing or will not work. I have not tried to reinstall any problematic sets.

I tried to reload DS & Runtime from my backup HD but found I have about 74,500 Runtime labeled listings. I tried browsing thru those but gave it up after many hours of effort.

The Render tab appears to display & open much content.
This is hard to explain but it is the best I can do. I just cannot fathom how this mixup could occur! There are a few other  glitches I have not yet explored. Basically most content is misplaced, missing, or is incorrect. This is the best my frazzled brain can convey. Any suggestions or ideas would be much appreciated!
I can’t produce anything for my DAZ store or for my Etsy store.
-3Don
DAZ PA since 2001

Comments

• 3Don3Don Posts: 690

I forgot to add that I have 3 different file structures associated with those content files:

1. Macintosh HD/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio 64-bit/DAZStudio.app (no Runtime)

2. USERS/DWAlbert/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio

3. Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Runtime

Should I use an Uninstaller function or just Trash?

• 3Don said:

I forgot to add that I have 3 different file structures associated with those content files:

1. Macintosh HD/Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio 64-bit/DAZStudio.app (no Runtime)

The application, and any plug-ins, would go here

2. USERS/DWAlbert/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio

This is the default location for your own files

3. Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Runtime

Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/ isn't that the same as 2? You don't select the Runtime as a Content Directory, you seelct the folder that cotnains it (and the data folder, which has the asset files for DS content).

None of these are the default location for DIM to isntall content, that goes to the My Daz 3D Library folder in the Public/Shared Docuemnts folder 9the one that is accessible to all users, not just you - I am not sur what it would be on a Mac). Again, you want the folder that holds the Runtime and data folders, not the Runtime folder.

Should I use an Uninstaller function or just Trash?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

I don't use a Mac, so can't help with that. Isn't there some techincal help you can get frtom DAZ being a PA? You will only get user and mod help in the forums, best to contact DAZ. Good luck!

I just now found your reply. Thanx. I am a Mac user. Would that affect any of your suggestions?

What is the file path for Runtime? Where does the Plug-Ins go? I don't use DIM. I  always hand-load new content & don't use Installers. I am just used to that. Never has caused a problem. Note that "Libraries is empty (see screen capture). I  still have all  of my installed Content, but it is scattered in DS content sections. Would replacing "Content Library" from a G-Drive backup work?

My DS is in: Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64 bit/DAZStudio 4 64-bit

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass. I still have some mental fog from my surgeries. Thanx for your input & patience.

Librys in Runtime.jpg
    553 x 669 - 259K

I have put a ticket in at the DAZ Help desk. Maybe they can help me. Thanx for replies.

• The Runtime folder should be in the My Library folder, if you wanmt to use that location for teh content - there is probably alreadya  Runtime there so you will need to merge the two, not replace the current one with the one from the Studio folder. then you should have the My Library folder selected as both a Daz Studio format and a Poser Format content directory.