Problem opening a render in Photoshop

Hello everyone, I've already edited several hundred renders with Photoshop, and I've never had this issue before.

What's happening is that when I open the render in Photoshop, it shows those boxes indicating there's no content, but only in some parts. The odd thing is that the original image does have that content. Here are some examples:

Original:

In phothosop:

Any idea why this is happening? I've also created 4 renders with two characters in the same position and camera, in the same scene, and it only happens in these last two. I don't understand at all."

Comments

• Update: it's a problem when rendering the characters. The scenes are fine, but now, for some reason, all the characters come out with empty pixels when importing them into Photoshop.

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 769
    edited November 2023

It looks like it's rendering the color black as transparent, so if you remove the alpha channel or make a black layer underneath your render in PS and merge/flatten the 2 layers, it should look normal (most likely anyway).

If it's only the characters, and not the clothing, then it might be just something with the skin material. Since it only seems to go transparent where there should be shadows (black), it doesn't seem like it's a 'cutout opacity' issue, but tied to some other setting perhaps. Maybe try applying a different skin material for testing purposes.

If the clothing is also going transparent, it would seem more of a render setting issue, but I wouldn't know which one would cause that.

Alternatively, saving the DS renders into a format that doesn't support Alpha, would most likely avoid the issue, but the ideal solution would be to just turn it off. Hopefully someone else can help with that :)

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • Yes, yesterday I discovered that if I duplicated the layer and merged them, the final result was perfect. For now, it works for me, but it's very strange because I've done many renders with this same character, and I had never encountered this issue before.