Had to install latest DazStudio, now renders are pink

I searched for a solution to pink renders already but the previous posts don't seem to relate to my problem.

I was using DAZ studio 4.15 (because my computer is old and I was not sure the newest versions would work on it) until it recently crashed, so I had to install the newest version of DS. Now, no matter what textures I apply to a figure, the figures render pink. Previous posts indicate there may be an issue with the freeimage.dll file, but those posts are old and I don't know whether that file is still in use in newer versions of DS. Some people pointed to Kaspersky quarantining the file, but I don't have or use Kaspersky and have not quarantined any files with any programs.

Any advice?

crap.png
1072 x 879 - 994K

Comments

• I should note that the newest Daz Studio seems to otherwise work and runs well. So I assume there is just some fix I need to make.

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Not heard of excessive pink renders - only excessive green ones. Have you updated your graphics card drivers as I think the latest Daz does have some issues with older drivers (can't remember what those were tho)

• I don't have a graphics card other than the computer's graphics, which has never been a problem in the past, which is the reason I don't have a graphics card. 

• How is the scene lit? There is an issue with the compression algorithm used in some of the .exr files from Flipmode's sets (so far no others have been reproted as affected) - this is an Iray issue, it can be fixed by opening and resaving the .exr file in a capabale image editor and the PA has prepared updates, though theya re not yet available from our accounts.

• No lights were added. It has the basic default scene lighting that any scene has when you first start adding figures.

• I'm having the same issue. I just purchased some shaders, installed them and was restarting Daz when Central wanted to update. I thought, sure why not? Now everything renders pink in Iray. I have an older card and system, GTX 960. My computer says the drivers are up to date. Is it possible to roll back to 4.21?

• paolodiaquepaolodiaque Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

How is the scene lit? There is an issue with the compression algorithm used in some of the .exr files from Flipmode's sets (so far no others have been reproted as affected) - this is an Iray issue, it can be fixed by opening and resaving the .exr file in a capabale image editor and the PA has prepared updates, though theya re not yet available from our accounts.

I'm having the same issue. Nvidia drivers are up to date (older graphics card).
    I was using Daz 4.20 with no issues up to when I decided to update to the newest version. I've re-installed everything and still getting full pink renders in Iray. I dont have Kasperko or anything blocking files.
    No matter what lighting I use or what figure I use (G8.1, G9) skin, no skin. I am a begginer and dont really understand what file I have to resave.. I really hope we can get some assistance with this. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,943

Are you using any of the FlipMode sets (mostly the Easy Environments) in your scenes?