Suggestion: Commercial Interiors (as in not homes)

Instead of making the third version of the same thing, why not make something new? The other day someone was asking for a computer store that wasn't Apple store. Here are some others too, just off the top of my head:

Pawn Shop
Yarn Store
Gift Shop
Antique Store
Flower Shop
Comic Book Shop
Corner Liquor Store
Gun Store
Butcher shop
Deli

Bail Bondsman’s Office (I keep thinking Jackie Brown.)

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,071

richardandtracy said:

Butcher's: https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/155605/butcher-shop-for-ds-iray Regards, Richard.

I put it on my wish list. Thanks. I like that it has shopfront too. My original suggestion still stands, though.

• ElorElor Posts: 707

There is a flower shop in Sweet Street, but I don't know if you can go inside (the renders only show the outside):

https://www.daz3d.com/sweet-street

Elor said:

There is a flower shop in Sweet Street, but I don't know if you can go inside (the renders only show the outside):

https://www.daz3d.com/sweet-street

I have that one. There is no interior, only a flat image of flowers.

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited December 2023

I also think it would be nice to add a hobby shop interior to the list.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • I have heaps of shops from CGaxis

• I got some commercial business interiors from the Cargo App by KitBash3D.

EightiesIsEnough said:

I got some commercial business interiors from the Cargo App by KitBash3D.

Did you buy the shop interior bundle? I love that one but it's pricey.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,212

lou_harper said:

EightiesIsEnough said:

The interiors are Cargo exclusives, meaning that they don't have individual prices.

Gordig said:

lou_harper said:

EightiesIsEnough said:

The interiors are Cargo exclusives, meaning that they don't have individual prices.

Cargo Subscription is pricey too.

• Both the Castle Siege and Aftermath sets look very useful.   They have a 50% off sale a couple time a year,  just need to get ready for it.  THe Neighbourhood shoppes set looked really good too. 

• EightiesIsEnoughEightiesIsEnough Posts: 1,069
    edited December 2023

lou_harper said:

At least it's not as pricey as many of the items on TurboSquid.  Plus, in response to another person's comment, you'd have to be a member of Cargo Pro in order to gain access to the interiors and vehicles being offered.

Also, I submitted a request to KitBash3D to make shopping mall and school interiors (elementary, middle, and high school).  There haven't been any kits released in quite a while, so either they ran out of ideas or maybe the next kit will be quite awesome it would be worth the wait.

I am probably going to request to have interiors made for the buildings in the Americana kit.

Post edited by EightiesIsEnough on
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

It would also be nice to have some 2D images of store front window images for downtown and inside of malls. Maybe make them like cut-outs and have some layers to them for some basic paralax effect.

• I actually do that with depth maps

some of my shop renders

Sports.jpg
    1920 x 778 - 196K
    MusicStore_Depth.jpg
    1920 x 632 - 50K
    Toys.jpg
    1920 x 579 - 200K
    Toys_depth.jpg
    1920 x 579 - 54K
    MusicStore.jpg
    1920 x 632 - 210K
    MusicStore_Depth.jpg
    1920 x 632 - 50K
    cosmetics.jpg
    1920 x 1137 - 246K
    cosmetics_Depth.jpg
    1920 x 1137 - 82K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,256
    A suburban strip mall construction set would be great. Especially if it comes with a Spirit Halloween banner.
  • lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I actually do that with depth maps

some of my shop renders

Do depth maps actually produce a paralax effect?

I suspect they don't because I watched a video totorial on the product page for a product that helps us make depth maps. (This product is a releatively recent release in the Daz store.) The video explained that depth maps were great for producing improved and versatile depth-of-field effects. But I saw no evidence in the video that depth maps help make any knd of paralax effect. After all, in a true 3D object scene, there's no need to do anything to produce a paralax effect since the whole scene is already full blown 3D.

Layers of 2D cutouts are a resource cheap way of making a paralax depth effect that will look acceptable in a limited range of viewing angles - just like character billboards look acceptable from limited viewing angle ranges.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,860
    edited December 2023

they can in Zbrush Alpha to mesh

and some of my other softwares actually have parallax shaders

Video

early test, I since figured it out

video

I use this a lot in DAZ studio but I Zremesh it and apply a planar UV

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,756

@lou_harper, have you looked at https://www.daz3d.com/the-old-shopping-arcade by the PA Silent Winter yet? I have it but it has been awhile since I used it, so I opened up the promo pages and I saw the normal attention to detail the PA gives to allow for modification to the sets for your needs. Or to give you ideas to create your own. 

I have been watching this thread while I have been ill and away from my main computer and your list reminded me of most of the places hit by theives gangs recently or just vandalizim. The little mall Silent Winter created that can be locked up tight or controlled, is a nice way to protect the owners from that. It even has a butcher shop. 

Another thing to keep in mind, most shops are empty spaces reused by totally different shops all the time. So a common, rectangular box, say 20ft by 100ft, with a small bathroom, stockroom in the rear and back exit, and a front window and door for customers is the basics that are needed. Her set offers props and I think you could find others in your runtime. 

If I was trying to save money and start a shop, I would use what is available from wherever and not buy new until I had more cash. Upgrade as possible. The PA maclean is a great source of supplies. 

I agree that it would be wonderful for a PA to create it for us from scratch but if you need it for a project now, maybe this will help you? 

I appreciated your ideas and I would add a quilt/fabric store; store front day care; small resturant; smoker's shop; not sure if they still have them in the UK, but a betting parlor?; art store; children's toy/book store; antiques store; computer repair shop; bank ATM wall; phone store; ... all I have seen in recent years.

But I would think if not otherwise protected, a store front needs a rolldown grill or bars strong enough to protect it from a car slamming into it at night. Especially one selling weapons.