Gen 9 & GoldenPalace geograft texture issue

tightbuntightbun Posts: 1

Hi!

So I've got this issue where texture stretches horribly when the figures legs are open.
I've removed the naughty parts so there's no nudity here. The stretching in question occurs around the labia majora and toward where the graft ends and meets the thighs. It's very noticeable and it would be a major pain to edit in post when you're doing an animation at 30+fps.

Arrows point to the stretches.

external link here since I can't seem to post a full image:
Mod edit: image and link removed. Please edit your post and add a tight cropped image showing the stretching.

This happens even on a stock Victoria 9 + fresh Golden Palace apply.
The legs aren't even that spread out. left thigh is at (twist 25, side-side 25), right thigh at (bend -70,twist 18, side-side 42)

The UV set on the graft is automatically set to Default UVs. I tried switching to the GP/GP2 UV sets but those look totally off.
Any ideas?
I would really appreciate any bone you can throw me, on how I could fix this in Daz?
Are there maybe better G9 alternatives for poseable, customizable female genitals?

vaginastretch.png
2560 x 1440 - 1M
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• neomanneoman Posts: 54

I will check out how Golden Palace behavers on my Genesis 9 characters, but I don't use G9 very much./  My suggestion, use Genesis 8!  I have had very little problems with G8 and her Golden Palace...  Work wonderfully everytime.  Plus, Golden Palace for Genesis 8 has a lot of nice add-ons.  I know G9 might be the future, but I still love G8 more...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,719

neoman said:

I will check out how Golden Palace behavers on my Genesis 9 characters, but I don't use G9 very much./  My suggestion, use Genesis 8!  I have had very little problems with G8 and her Golden Palace...  Work wonderfully everytime.  Plus, Golden Palace for Genesis 8 has a lot of nice add-ons.  I know G9 might be the future, but I still love G8 more...

Golden Palace works the same on G9 as it did for G8 on my end and has the same features and options, so no need to tell a user to go back to using G8 to get it to work. 

To the OP, try it on a default female G9 and with different skins to see if it is happening all the time or with a specific skin/morph

When G8 can get the job done better, why not suggest it?  Golden Palace has so many more add-ons right now for G8 than G9.  

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2023

Texture stretch on the surfaces of Torso / Body is pretty commonly seen starting from G3, especially with certain poses of figure's thighs - Bend / Side-Side...so it's not directly related to anatomical element itself...because normally these anatomical elements adopt UV Sets and tex. maps from the figure's Torso or Body surfaces...then plus a geo-shell with tailor-made UV Sets & tex. maps.

I'm afraid there's less good options since most of tex. maps of Daz characters are with pretty low quality (esp. Base / Diffuse), and actually it's getting even worse on G9s...

Post edited by crosswind on

Exactly!  The texture maps on G9 are worse than G3 and G8... Thus why my suggestion was to stick with G8 for Golden Palace, just seems to work better all around.  Perhaps there can be a fix for G9 at some point, but I'm keeping my G8 characters as long as possible.  I like them so much more than G9.

• tightbuntightbun Posts: 1
    edited November 2023

neoman said:

Thanks. I've already exhausted all my options it seems, so I decided to go and try redo my character with g8.1. Also there's so much stuff for g8 already like you've said. Decided to just use NGV8. Maybe I'll come back to g9 later on down the line when I find a workaround for this issue.

FSMCDesigns:

To the OP, try it on a default female G9 and with different skins to see if it is happening all the time or with a specific skin/morph

Yeah base g9 with nothing applied except GP and I get similar results. I tried several different skins although it's true that some are worse/better than others. But I didn't find one where it wasn't noticeable. Do you have any go-tos regarding quality skin for G9?

crosswind:

Texture stretch on the surfaces of Torso / Body is pretty commonly seen starting from G3, especially with certain poses of figure's thighs - Bend / Side-Side...so it's not directly related to anatomical element itself...because normally these anatomical elements adopt UV Sets and tex. maps from the figure's Torso or Body surfaces...then plus a geo-shell with tailor-made UV Sets & tex. maps. I'm afraid there's less good options since most of tex. maps of Daz characters are with pretty low quality (esp. Base / Diffuse), and actually it's getting even worse on G9s...

I guess I'll have to limit myself to certain poses and angles, and do some more work in post to compensate when using g9.

I'll still try to find a way to fix this so I can use G9 eventually.

Thanks everyone, for your thoughts!

EDIT: Upon further dabbling, it's not an issue with the skin, because when I apply the stock 'Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female', it looks fine. There is some stretching but not bothersome, and the seams are not visible. Too bad because this thing isn't poseable at all.

Post edited by tightbun on