How do I set a keyframe for an entire character

Long story short, in Poser, to set a keyframe for every single joint and value in an entire character, it was enough to just select the body node and then click the add keyframe button on the timeline.

But now in DAZ, I try to do the same thing and it seems to work but the problem is

Sometimes I will set a keyframe and then go backward on the timeline to find that the postures that I set in previous keyframes have been changed!

It's really quite impossible to get anything done if previous work is constantly being futzed. The whole point of a keyframe is that the various values are set and they stay set.

What am I doing wrong? How do I set a keyframe for every value in a character and it just stays set?

Comments

• DS will set keys only on selected (Set key) or modified (atio key) nodes, so it's possible that some of your previous poses didn't affect all parts of the figure (not all selected or not all changed) and as a result theer is interpolation afecting some joints. I'm not aware of a way to set a key for every bone with one operation.

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 439

so, what you're saying is, the only known way to set all of the keys is to select all of the nodes in the entire figure and then click add keyframe?

What about keymate or graphmate? Do you know if they have an easy one button set all keyframes?

Thank you for the comment, that helps clear that much up.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

Key mates have option. "object" and "nodes"

Object mode set keys "as  reclusive" from current selection. eg if you select head, then set keys , all child nodes value are baked as keys on timeline.

Nodes mode set keys as current selection only.

then Key mate have option to show only TR keys.(not shows and set keys for morphs or controllers,

. but after all, DS auto set keys , about tweaked parameter only,on current flame,  eg expression, then it confuse me much.)

Usually, set Key mate type as "Object" and "TRSV"  then when you tweak something, select root, then set keys , it can record all value on the flame. as keys.

after that you can clean keys which you need not carefully, with key mate if you need. 

( you can rectangle select then remove keys  which you need not only by key-mate)

graph mate is mostly used for check animation curve easy, (at least, we can not see any animation curve,  witout graph mate , or animate2 )

and set curve tension. it work with key mate well. after all, I think you may hope to get  both plug in.

• AnymatterAnymatter Posts: 95
    edited November 2015

i think the quick way is to save the current pose as pose dots in pupperteer.  once you get the right pose, save it in edit mode , and re apply that saved pose to the figure. if u open the timeline tab , any selected body part will have that small black triangle symbol on current frame,which should indicate all body parts were succesfully keyed.

Post edited by Anymatter on
  • DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 439

Kitakoredaz, thank you so much for your comprehensive explanation. I actually do have graphmate and keymate, I was lead to understand they're sort of like companion plugins.

• dan2050dan2050 Posts: 28

In the Timeline, there is a menu with object, node, node recurse and properties. Select the figure and choose node recurse before setting the key frame and that seems to do the whole figure, giving every node down the chain a key frame.