Dforce help please

Its been a while since Ive used DAZ and I remember a post a while back showing how to simulate pants that wouldnt drop from the waist. For instance, most d-force pants will remain fixed to the waist and will simulate from below the waist.

If I recall correctly the metod used was to paint the pant around the top which then allowed it to drop, sort of unlocking that portion of the garment.

Can you offer tips on how I would do this please?

Comments

• First check to see if the pinned area has its own surface, if so you may simply need to set its Dynamic Strength to 100% in the Surfaces pane. If not you probably need to add a dForce Weight Node, if there isn't one already, then enable the Node Weightmap Brush from the Tools menu, select the influence weightmao from Tool Settings, and paint in the weight on the frozen area.

• thanks mate

• Is there a way to save this change as an addon so the original pants or whatever clothes work as normal and only need to click a button for the changes made. (hope I explained that right lol)

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited November 2023

You can save it as a wearable preset. It will not be an add-on, but a load of that setup, based on the original geometry.

Post edited by felis on