False Color settings in Daz

Does Daz have an option for a false-color view? Either natively or via an add-on? Lighting would be a lot easier with something like that.

Comments

• What do you mean? I think the answer is no anyway, assuming this is Daz Studio, though you can adjust saturation and tone settings.

• geo.offleygeo.offley Posts: 5
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

What do you mean? I think the answer is no anyway, assuming this is Daz Studio, though you can adjust saturation and tone settings.

False color is a feature that comes in cameras and external camera monitors. It's like a heat map showing you where something is lit in whatever you're recording. In the context of 3D, blender has this as a setting. Which helps me understand objectively how well something is lit in the scene. Links below dive more into it.

I've been unable to find anything about it in Daz, so I'm also going to guess that it's a nah dawg.

Post edited by geo.offley on
  • Better explainer for false color:

• Well, you can do various render layers with Iray that should enable some of that - but they do require an actual render, and an viewer that can read .exr in many cases.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

No.  I has uses where the cost of reshooting a poorly exposed scene in a commercial production justifies the additional complexity, but it's pointless in a WYSIWG hobbyist application.  

DS does allow rendering to EXR canvases, which permits us to *mostly* capture detail in what might otherwise appear to be over or under exposed areas.  It's also possible to just look at an Iray preview.