DAZ Studio extremely laggy and slow

Hello guys! Please, excuse me if my topic is not in the right place. Sorry, a total newbie here to renders.

My DAZ3D Studio gets really laggy fast when trying to adjust and move around objects/characters in the scenes. I know this tends to happen esp when loading big scenes with tons of characters and hairs.

I have an RTX 3070 8GB with a very weak old AMD CPU (Ryzen 3 2200G) and 16GB DDR4 RAM.

Current rendering speed isn't an issue for me, however trying to play around and move stuff within the scene in DAZ3D takes up a long time.

Does upgrading the CPU help in this situation? I'm planning to upgrade to the newest Intel 14th Gen i7 with my current budget.

Or would it be better for me to upgrade to a 4070TI 12GB?

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

When I upgraded to 12 core AMD, veiwport lag went away for me. DS will usually just crash before I see any viewport lag lol. It takes a lot of G8 figures in the scene for that to happen.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,520

With 16GB's of RAM, lagging can also be the result of Windows using virtual memory to cover for the missing RAM.

Of course, if one has high SubD's and/or smoothing enabled, that has an effect as well.

• zamodszamods Posts: 4

My Daz3D 4.22.0.16 will start lagging once i complete high res iray render and after restarting the application it stops lagging. So, try restarting the Daz3D. I never had such issue before.

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406

You may try uninstalling Heat Animation Plugin for Daz Studio (WIN) if you have installed that. I had the same issue last night.