G9 gens texturing in Substance Painter from Daz

Hello,

i am try to achive a simple tanline effect for my g9 character but due to the width of the female gens geograft photoshop wont cut it so i am looking at Substance painter. I guess ill find plenty of tutorials for that online but im struggling to find a tutorial for the workflow from daz to substance. ill walk through what i have done so far, if someone can check my work and maybe add a few pointers that would be great.

so i exported my character with nothing but the gens attached in HD with textures and in base with no textures.

i then imported in to substance only to find the gens placed squarely on the front of the face (not ideal)

guessing that i need to sort the udim tiles i then imported the same base mesh with gens attached in to blender.

it didnt seem to have udim set up so i created enough titles plus one extra for the gens and then moved them across. there seemed to be a couple of extra bits attached (from the body maybe?) do these need to be in the same tile as the gens?

am i now ready to take to substance? will i be able to paint over the seams and export the new textures? can i reduce the saturation and either mask or use that as a brush to get my lighter tanlines? is there a better way of doing this? and finally is there a tutorial that im not finding that will hold my hand?

cheers

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070
    edited November 2023

Select the gens in DAZ and in the surface pane, scroll down to UVs, and select the UVs UDIM 1012 (as shown in the screenshot). That should make it so that when you export to Substance Painter, you won't have any seams.

As for the tan lines, what I would do is, I'd create a simple mask (white) over the areas I'd like to have lighter. Then I would export those maps out and use LIE to set them up in DAZ over the Diffuse and the Translucency channels with a screen blend.

Example.PNG
    853 x 823 - 175K
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • globallyglobally Posts: 122

FenixPhoenix said:

Select the gens in DAZ and in the surface pane, scroll down to UVs, and select the UVs UDIM 1012 (as shown in the screenshot). That should make it so that when you export to Substance Painter, you won't have any seams.

As for the tan lines, what I would do is, I'd create a simple mask (white) over the areas I'd like to have lighter. Then I would export those maps out and use LIE to set them up in DAZ over the Diffuse and the Translucency channels with a screen blend.

beautiful. Thank you so much.