Srange problem with Goz using DAZ4.22ver [Solved]

HenryHenry Posts: 22

I'm using Zbrush 2023 and DAZ4.22, when using "send to zbrush " function, I can only send simple object like clothes,pants,ect. If I try to send the entire character to zbrush, I got warning tell me “Unable connect with Pixologic ZBrush,chack the installation". It's very strange that I can still import object to Zbrush and export it back to DAZ, but only simple object works, nor character can be sent to zbrush.

Post edited by Henry on

Comments

• When you say character do you mean a single figure, or figuer plus fitted/grafted accessories?

• HenryHenry Posts: 22

Richard Haseltine said:

When you say character do you mean a single figure, or figuer plus fitted/grafted accessories?

Thank you Richard ! Sorry for my Inaccurate describe, I mean the figuer plus fitted/grafted accessories, in previous version the figuer plus fitted/grafted accessories can be sent to Zbrush easily, but now it can't.  I can only send some single object to Zbrush, what might I've done wrong ? The Goz seems to work but not full function.

Richard Haseltine said:

When you say character do you mean a single figure, or figuer plus fitted/grafted accessories?

Alright, I might found something, I saw your post in (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/377766/daz-studio-4-12-goz-doesn-t-work) said that

"Remember that a Geometry Shell is an instance with independent materials, so it can't have morphs etc. separate from the base item it derives from. That may be at least part of the issue you encountered."

So maybe it can be done by separate those Geometry Shell ? (yes my figure has multiple Geometry Shell ) 

I will give a try and feedback later.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

For the error message, try to reinstall GoZ - C:\Program Files\Maxon ZBrush 2023\Troubleshoot Help\, and Daz GoZ plugin as well.

It won't work with grafts/shells when export Genesis figure to ZB via GoZ, just unparent grafts and shells before GoZ...

crosswind said:

For the error message, try to reinstall GoZ - C:\Program Files\Maxon ZBrush 2023\Troubleshoot Help\, and Daz GoZ plugin as well.

It won't work with grafts/shells when export Genesis figure to ZB via GoZ, just unparent grafts and shells before GoZ...

Thanks mate, I'm just figured it out. It's about the shell, right. But just because the shell on my Genesis figure lost their shell nodes, after resetting shell nodes, everything works fine. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

724782546 said:

crosswind said:

Thanks mate, I'm just figured it out. It's about the shell, right. But just because the shell on my Genesis figure lost their shell nodes, after resetting shell nodes, everything works fine. 

Great ! yes