Resource Error - Could not open file...Daz Iray PBRSkin.duf File Does Not Exist

The full error:

Resource Error
Could not open file :/Shader Presets/Iray/Daz PBRSkin/Daz Iray PBRSkin.duf File does not exist

Went to My Library and located the file. It's there. I've tried both Daz Studio 4.21 and 4.22. I've tried manually installing the Default Resources and tried through DIM. No go. Any ideas? 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

And if you look in the log Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File there is no further infomation?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited November 2023

Corrupted file ? Can you open "Daz Iray PBRSkin.duf" with Notepad or Notepad++ ? This file is not compressed, you may see DSON code if it's not corrupted...

BTW, is it a saved scene file you're trying to open or you're just applying PBRSkin shader to some surface(s) ?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126

I'm able to open it in Notepad++, doesn't appear to be corrupted. Trying it with a fresh scene/applying it to a surface. 

Are you also able to locate this file in your Daz Library: /data/Daz 3D/Built-in Content/Daz Iray PBRSkin/PBRSkin.dsf ? and able to open it as well?

If by open it you mean in Notepad++, then yes. Able to open it and it seems to display normal. 

Odd... pls dbl-check the path(s) of Daz Library configuration in Content Directory Manager... and post DS log if possible

Everything is showing up normal in the Content Directory Manager, as in the folders are as they should be for both Daz Content and Poser Content. 

Checked the log and the only thing it says is:

2023-11-13 18:16:50.010 [INFO] :: Could not open file : /Shader Presets/Iray/Daz PBRSkin/Daz Iray PBRSkin.duf 
    File does not exist.

So the log knows as much as I do it seems.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,579

Can you screenshot your Content Directory Manager list of content folders?

edited November 2023

As far as I know this is fine?

CDM.png
    462 x 455 - 25K
    Post edited by lface8 on
    edited November 2023

It's not just the PBR shader, it's everything in the Shader Presets folder. Iray, Omnifreaker, Age of Armour, DS Defaults. All of them throw back this error. 

Post edited by lface8 on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,010

Do you log in to Daz Studio?

Yes