Solved: Need help with Genesis 9 eyes issues - behaving wildly and out of sync

yuniyhimikyuniyhimik Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in New Users

Hello!
I have a problem that is driving me mad.

The eyes of my Genesis 9 figure are going all over the place during posing.

I've started with Victoria 9 and applied partial morphs from other figures, such as MSO models and few others

Now it looks great, but when I start posing the model, in many cases, out of the blue, the eyes will just stop being synchronized.

There will be one particular Side-Side parameter that gets applied to one eye and not the other.

Sometimes there will also be issues with Up-Down eye parameter.

This happens not only with expressions, but even with some poses.

Here in image 1 I have an example from Victoria 9 emotions pack, where some expressions inexplicably make her eyes go wild.

And in image 2 is an example from a completely different pack of expressions, where again some expressions cause here eyes to go up-down and left-right, out of sync, 

And in image 3 we see her left eye - Side-Side completely missing

Does anyone here have any clues/ ideas on what the hell is going on and how to fix it?
I mean, I can manually go to the eye controllers each time and zero in the morph (btw alt-clicking doesn't do it, so I guess its treated as default or something?)

But its extremely time consuming and bothersome.
And if I use a product (Look at me) or manually point eyes toward camera, they go wild if I change the position of the model.
Any help/tips are greatly appreaciated.

1.png
2242 x 870 - 1M
2.png
2241 x 823 - 1M
3.png
380 x 376 - 26K
Post edited by yuniyhimik on

Comments

• I think there was a character that messed up the property linking for eyes - check that you don't have any pending updates yet to be installed, especially for Genesis 9 characters.

• Don't think that's it. No updates. Everything is up-to-date.
    And how can just a single small morph of, let's say 33% MSO Maureen cause Side-Side parameter to work differently for 2 eyes?
    Do they change the rotation center of the eyes? Because seems like that's what's happening. As I move "Eye Look Side-Side", sliders for Left and Right eye are moving in tandem, but the eyes are spinning widely as I do, completely out of sync.

• Moved the rotation centres or had spurious links to the eye rotation cotnrols, as I recall - the latter seems most familiar.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,820
    edited November 2023

Check the sub-node - Genesis 9 Eyes with Show Hidden Properties, see if there's any value wrong or any weird property there..

SNAG-2023-11-11-0046.png
    2560 x 1400 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • OK, looks like I might have solved it. 
    I went in and removed every single morph and parameter one by one. No head morphs did anything.
    Shockingly, a body morph from GC Natasha seemed to be the culprit.
    I didn't use the head part of that morph, but 10% body was messing up the eyes.
    Once I removed it, expressions were working as intended. Weird.
    Thanks for tips and suggestions!