What happens in Daz when you do this?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

What happens in Daz when you do this?

Restart your PC and open a new blank project in Daz. Put Rupert HD for Genesis 9 into a scene and put this hair, M3D Facial Hair Set (specific asset: M3D Hair Set 03) for Genesis 9 on him and try to render it.

In my case, it takes a while, the renderer says, not responding, then when it starts to parse the file, Daz freezes up during render at the "updating geometry" part of the render. I waited for 15 minutes for it to proceed further before I forced Daz to close. This happens every time I test it.

This only happens when I put this hair on Rupert that I have noticed so far, when I put this hair on other Daz Genesis 9 figures they render immediately.

Anyone know how to fix this or what is up? 

I will look at my log and this is not a RAM issue, I have 24 GB.

I think Daz freezes up before it can write a log file. 

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,171

DS version ?

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2023

crosswind said:

DS version ?

Thank you for your inquiry Crosswind.

My current version is 4.22 and it also happens on the 4.22 public build. 

I have 2X Nvidia 3090 with NVLINK

Post edited by RexRed on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2023

Yup, I know the cards you have...

That Rupert HD is with a default Render SubD Level (Minimum) - 5 ( 25.6 Mil polycounts for rendering...) My system was hung there as well no matter with 4.21 or 4.22, I have to kill the sessions...

Pls downgrade it to 3. It'll work...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • mwasielewski1990mwasielewski1990 Posts: 330
    edited November 2023

crosswind said:

Yup, I know the cards you have...

That Rupert HD is with a default Render SubD Level (Minimum) - 5 ( 25.6 Mil polycounts for rendering...) My system was hung there as well no matter with 4.21 or 4.22, I have to kill the sessions...

Pls downgrade it to 3. It'll work...

Had the same issue with multiple male HD characters (mostly from outside of DAZ store) - stuck on "updating geometry". Geometry count of some male HD characters is too high even for 3090/4090.

Reducing the SubD to 3 fixes it for me, and the characters still look awesome. SubD 5 on a HD character is kinda insane. Remember that each level of SubD quadruples the density of geometry, and figures with HD morphs already have a high poly count on low SubD's.

Post edited by mwasielewski1990 on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Sorry it took so long for me to notice your replies! Thank you for the fix for this problem! yes