Dforce 4.22... Gravity parameter settings missing? (SOLVED)

carlosgimperacarlosgimpera Posts: 82

Hello there! I am not able to find the parameter settings in dforce environment 4.22 to choose other value higher than 2 for gravity. Where did it go? 

Post edited by carlosgimpera on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited November 2023

F3, as below:

Post edited by crosswind on
  • carlosgimperacarlosgimpera Posts: 82
    edited November 2023

I can see (in my view) exactly the same, but still no luck. I'm using City Lights Lite.If I apply it nothing happens

EDIT: If I change layout/workspace still does not appear. I've always found it there... so weird!

Post edited by carlosgimpera on
  • crosswind said:

F3, as below:

That was it! Took me a couple of minutes until I realized you have to drag it. Thank You!

Great ! You're welcome ~

• Thanks for this! It was bugging me.

• I apologise for being really dim here (whenever i self-proclaim that i can now use a computer i'm smashed back into my corner by something you guys deal with easily like this!!!), but ive been directed here and my query closed because i think this is the (roundabout answer)...

I'm looking to add the 'parameter settings' option to the little settings cog menu on the 'pixel size (global)' entry of the 'Render Settings' tab as per default options before Daz 4.22 (as its limited to 10K pixel and i want a bit more).  I think the solution is as above but I don't seem to be able to select the right entry...

Any chance you can upload a picture for this version as I've been dragging and dropping around the Render Settings part but I can't get anything to show up in Daz.

Thank you

RenderSettingsPane(ParameterSettings).png
    1299 x 823 - 332K

CAV_18687 said:

I apologise for being really dim here (whenever i self-proclaim that i can now use a computer i'm smashed back into my corner by something you guys deal with easily like this!!!), but ive been directed here and my query closed because i think this is the (roundabout answer)...

I'm looking to add the 'parameter settings' option to the little settings cog menu on the 'pixel size (global)' entry of the 'Render Settings' tab as per default options before Daz 4.22 (as its limited to 10K pixel and i want a bit more).  I think the solution is as above but I don't seem to be able to select the right entry...

Any chance you can upload a picture for this version as I've been dragging and dropping around the Render Settings part but I can't get anything to show up in Daz.

Thank you

Wrong dragging... should've been dragged to "Property Options (Element)" rather than "Render Settings Pane Context" as below ~~

SNAG-2023-11-22-0001.png
    931 x 779 - 101K
    SNAG-2023-11-22-0004.png
    1289 x 1253 - 257K
  • Crosswind you are a legend, sorry for having you repeat this, initially I thought the option had been excluded from Beta and then Pro (since even with a decent system things can get dicey above 11.5K, especialy with canvasses, perhaps only with low light/'complex'[yet certainly not advanced!] atmo scenes as I haven't tried textbook renders above 10K) Thank you so much!...

And how prompt your response was live is amazing, cheers again...

CAV_18687 said:

Crosswind you are a legend, sorry for having you repeat this, initially I thought the option had been excluded from Beta and then Pro (since even with a decent system things can get dicey above 11.5K, especialy with canvasses, perhaps only with low light/'complex'[yet certainly not advanced!] atmo scenes as I haven't tried textbook renders above 10K) Thank you so much!...

And how prompt your response was live is amazing, cheers again...

You're welcome ~ and yea, though technically you can set a big value there but usually you may not need it to be that big unless you wanna print a big poster. laugh

• Why was it even considered a good idea to remove parameter settings from the menus? Was it causing some sort of problem?

• Paper Tiger said:

Why was it even considered a good idea to remove parameter settings from the menus? Was it causing some sort of problem?

Yes, because the change is not sticky and so does not persist between sessions.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 744

Richard Haseltine said:

Kill two birds with one stone; set up a "default" scene (easiest to create it in 4.21) and change the parameter settings on all those "render settings" parameters to "do-not-use-limits" then save that as a scene and load it as the "default" via the "new scene" options.  I.e. Edit/Preferences[F2]/Startup[Tab], check "Load file" and enter the name of your file.  Now you get parameter settings set as you like when you start up DS to create a new scene from scratch AND, second ostrich, you don't get the annoying new scene dialog.

Richard Haseltine said:

Paper Tiger said:

Why was it even considered a good idea to remove parameter settings from the menus? Was it causing some sort of problem?

Bloody good thing too; it's a property of the scene not the session.  Believe me gravity is not fixed in Daz and neither are other things like the RQ to obtain satisfactory convergence of a scene.  These properties and the corresponding "parameter settings" are stored in the *scene* even though they can't be animated (why can't I animate gravity, or change RQ on a single frame?)   They also don't seem to be part of "render settings"; I couldn't find a way of saving them as a preset.

But stopping us from changing them by installing default "parameter settings" which prevent values outside a given, arbitrary, range is just a bug.  They may have been dumb before but they were useful, if they could be found.  this wasn't exceptionally hard in 4.21 but now it is definately a phlugh

CAV_18687 said:

Slightly off topic but if you render using a camera each camera has a separate pixel size and Tati did *not* zap the parameter settings dialog on that.

The 10K limit doesn't make any sense given that 16K HDRIs are pretty routine these days.  It might make sense if DS had some built in limitation, which it may, however I've managed to crank a spherical camera up to 24K and got a result.  32K seems a bit beyond DS on my system, it's not clear to me why.

• Well that was easy. Can't believe I was sent to read 45 pages of chitchat by the mod. 45 pages with no mention of how to doit at all. Fortunately found this page thanks to a Google search, if you believe it. So much for spending thouzands per year on this website and being considered little mire than Reddit users.