How do I fix this Daz Studio mesh seam problem? [Solved]

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

How do I fix this Daz Studio mesh seam problem? I did not post this in the Blender forum because Blender is working fine.

The problem originated in Daz.

The white image is from Daz Studio auto fit Gen 8 male to Gen 9.

The red Image is from Blender. After the import through Diffeomorphic to Blender for some reason the seams were fine in Blender, there was just the poke through left to contend with.

The white image is from Daz before the morphs were applied from sculpting in Blender. Before I took this (through diffeomorphic) into Blender the seams had distortions and there was poke through in places. When I took it into Blender the seams were smooth for some reason so the only places I needed to sculpt was the poke through on the clothing. After the morphs were applied from Blender there was no longer any poke through in Daz, but the distorted seams were not repaired by the morphs in Daz only the poke through was fixed.

And help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh and I tried to crank up subD and change Sub D parameters in Daz, it would not fix the seams.

I tried exporting it in base and high resolution, no difference. 

BlenderImage.jpg
1287 x 1485 - 121K
DazImager.jpg
1081 x 1193 - 154K
Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282
    edited November 2023

I think I figured it out.

I needed to change it to soft edges, set the subD up on high and set collision mode to "best" "before" I did my simulation.

Looks great now! I was able to export it into Blender and bring my morphs back in perfectly there is a tiny seam but at least it is not all distorted.

With a bit more refinement I could maybe get the seam to smooth out more. It is wierd that the seam is not visible in Blender only in Daz.

Post edited by RexRed on