Deleting zip archives en masse after install - ok to do?

up until now when installing a product via DIM i let it keep the zip after the product was installed. 

now, after a truckload of installs i am getting low on HD space, and want to remove the zip files

given that DS is not very user friendly with regard to deleting things, i thought i should check to see if it will ruin anything before i go deleting stuff.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386

You can indeed delete the zip in the Package archive directory once a product is installed, there's even an option in DIM so that it does it automatically. You might want to keep a backup of some of them, like install files for DS and its plugins in case you need to rollback to a previous version at some point.

Don't touch the files in the Manifest folder though, they're what DIM uses to know what it has installed.

• clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 129
    edited November 2023

Leana said:

there's even an option in DIM so that it does it automatically.

Don't touch the files in the Manifest folder though, they're what DIM uses to know what it has installed.

i saw a delete option for a product currently being installed, but i couldn't find one for after the fact and i didn't want to risk wrecking the db

thanks Leana!

Post edited by clivewil2 on