Update 4.22 Leony Ponytail Genesis 8

Good evening everyone. I'm having a serious problem since I installed update 4.22 this afternoon.

One of my flagship characters, which I use constantly, encounters a problem: fatal error.

At first I got angry. Thinking there was something wrong with all my characters.
But after investigation, I understood that the problem came from Leony Ponytail.

I haven't tested other figures and other haircuts. There may be others affected by this issue.

My problem occurs when rendering the scene. Fatal error occurs immediately.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,822
    edited November 2023

This is a known issue with some Out of Touch hairs - though whether you encounter it it depends on the instalaltion order, and method.

The immediate fix is to seelct the hair and any cap or other parts in the scene, then go to the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane and select the hair and any cap or other parts there. Find the transmitted colour property (just type transm in the filter box at the top), click the nano-thumbnail to the elft of the colour picker, and from the menu that opens select None. Edit: according to the read me this hair has been updated, so if you install with Daz Central or Install Manager try redownloading from your account and reinstalling.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

This is a known issue with some Out of Touch hairs - though whether you encounter it it depends on the instalaltion order, and method.

The immediate fix is to seelct the hair and any cap or other parts in the scene, then go to the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane and select the hair and any cap or other parts there. Find the transmitted colour property (just type transm in the filter box at the top), click the nano-thumbnail to the elft of the colour picker, and from the menu that opens select None. Edit: according to the read me this hair has been updated, so if you install with Daz Central or Install Manager try redownloading from your account and reinstalling.

That fix was from January 2023, when OOT did a huge update because of a similar issue.

• Expozures said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That fix was from January 2023, when OOT did a huge update because of a similar issue.

Yes, but some hairs have not been updated - so there can be older files, depending on installation order and method, still causing the problem.

• Thanks so much for the information about the OOT updates!  I found that my OOT hair for G8/G3 would crash DAZ 4.22, but the 1/20/23 updates (which I had missed) completely solved the issue.

• Thanks for these informations. A manual correction remains painful since I still sometimes forget... And lose several hours of work.

I'm not aware of the update, since it never came to me.