Lenticular clouds

Hello Brycers! I need some help. I'm trying to create a lenticular clouds effect over the top of a mountain but I am unhappy with the results. In the example above, I've use a terrain, I've set it to solid and I've apply a simple fuzzy cloud material (no volume). I'm starting to think that this effect is going to be fiddly to make and over my competences. Thanks in advance for your kind ideas on this subject.
jpg
jpg
a road daz3d.jpg

Comments

• Hmn... sounds like an interesting challenge.  But I can't see your attachement.  Also if you uploaded an image of how you want the cloud to look, that might be useful.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited November 2015
    Yes David interesting and too hard for me because I haven't got your skill with material lab. Here's my picture and an example over fuji mount.
    a road daz3d.jpg
    800 x 600 - 167K
    lenticularlogo.jpg
    668 x 450 - 19K
    Post edited by c-ram on
  • OK well I've given it a go.  The "cap" shape is very tricky.  A flying saucer shape is not so difficult.  If you want the source just email me and I'll post it over.

L_cloud1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 319K
    Fantastic result David! You're the master when it comes the time of challenges. Yes I'll be interested. Thank you very much.
    Here's the result but remember that this is a wip. First, I have to adjust the diffuse and ambiant level of your material to fit with the global light value of the scene. Then I've duplicate the sphere and give it a negative value while the first one was positive to create a boolean object because I wanted to give the cloud a hat aspect. Finally I've decide to duplicate the grouped objects to generate a second cloud over the first one. I'm really happy with this hat over my mountain! Thank you one more time David!
    jpg
    jpg
    hat.jpg
  • The image is again missing.  If find that the upload of images to this forum is somewhat tempremental.  If the thumbnail does not appear but instead a little placeholder icon does instead, the image needs to be uploaded again.  Why this happens I cannot say.  But it seems to happen frequently.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

If I get a broken thumbnail,I delete it and upload again until the real thumbnail appears. Very often, it works the first time, my worst took seven attempts.

Trying to upload my result one more time. Hope that it will work now.
    hat.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 839K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

Picture is here - and what a great render. Cloud came out excellent.

edited November 2015
    Thank you Horo, you know, these are davids clouds. I've only adjust them to fit in the scene. This render is only a wip, I have got a lot of work on the foreground and some trees to instance in the background. I'll upload the final result in the forum later. Thank you all for your great support and long life to Bryce even if it's getting old now.
    Post edited by c-ram on