POSES FOR G9 ON CUSTOM RIGGING

KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

Hi

I have a custom model that I rigged in DAZ.
Is there a way to make it compatible with G9 Poses ?
For example a cloth can be posed (by a pose file) without a G9 figured fitted to: DAZ read joints name and applies the joint rotation even if there is a different rigging (example: pants don't have upper body joints).

So what should I do to make my custom rigging compatible with G9 figure ? I have already renamed my joints and checked every axis orientation like a G9 figure.

PS I don't want to use Transfer To

Thanks

Post edited by Kainjy on

Comments

• Fitted items require the same joint centres, you may be better making a Genesis 9 clone for your figure and letting AutoFit handle conversion - but note that you would not bae able to share that, if you plan to distribute the figure.

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

@Richard Haseltine

I don't want a fitted item.. I want to create a standalone figure.
    It's a robot with only leg, torso and arms joint: no fingers, no mouth, no expression. It's a mechanical figure so I only have rigid parts. I don't need all G9 joints but only some ones to be able to apply G9 poses. This figure has also different body proportion, so I should heavly morph a G9 to use Tarnsfer to.
    I also tried to use a Fit to.. because it's an unknown figure DAZ destroys old rigging to project all G9 joints and create new weight maps 

• If the proportionsa e different then the poses won't really work anyway - but you could look at the free scripts for cionverting between generations to give you an idea of how to do it (but don't copy the code, unless it says you can).

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

Yes I know.. poses won't be precise but it's better to have a partial compatibility than none.

Where can I find these scripts ?
    Thanks

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,909
    edited November 2023
    Post edited by frank0314 on