Is there finally a simple way to import Blender files into Daz?

A question that has haunted Daz for years. Haven't asked it in 2023 yet. So here it goes again:

Is there finally a simple way to import Blender files into Daz?

Just a simple import .blender function.

Yes, I know there is a Daz to Blender exporter, that's not the question and kind of weird if there is still only a one way street with this.

Comments

• Nothing has changed in this regard, if it ever does through Daz that will be noted in the change log and in the new build announcement threads.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

only obj or fbx (which is obviously a chore). I guess there isnt much interest in making bridge to daz, since Daz wants you to buy stuff from daz store, not other stores.  So would have to be third party, which is unlikely...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

As per my exp. with the pipeline in b/t Daz and Blender, obj import / export is the simplest and most accurate way.

• Still seems so odd to limit this. Everyone is forced to use Blender because its the only thing that accepts most other formats. If you want to be taken seriously as a render studio, I'd aim to be as accessible as possible.

A simple homemade plugin someone made years ago for MMD files in Daz, is still one of the reasons I continue to use Daz instead of Blender. It's just a tiny bit of programming and adds so much. :/