Looking for Antique Bedwarmer

Does anyone know of any sets that include an old-fashioned bedwarmer prop? I might have a go at kitbashing one for a scene I'm working on, but thought I would check to see if there were any existing props first.

FrenchCopperBedWarmer421-12-9-1190x1587-1.jpg
1190 x 1587 - 274K

Comments

• I thought Ness Period Reproductions had one, but can't find it if they did. Sorry. Regards, Richard.
  • sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited November 2023

richardandtracy said:

I thought Ness Period Reproductions had one, but can't find it if they did. Sorry. Regards, Richard.

I thought it might be so as well, but can't find it in my collection either. I'm certain I've seen one somewhere, but can't figure out where.

What about cobbling something together with these? https://www.daz3d.com/mk-circular-fan It's not going to be accurate, but if you make the fan parts thicker and use some kind of appropriate shaders, can you make it work? 

Post edited by sazzyazzca on
  • sazzyazzca said:

richardandtracy said:

I thought Ness Period Reproductions had one, but can't find it if they did. Sorry. Regards, Richard.

I thought it might be so as well, but can't find it in my collection either.

What about cobbling something together with these? https://www.daz3d.com/mk-circular-fan It's not going to be accurate, but if you make the fan parts thicker, can you make it work? 

Thanks! I might be able to do something with that for the handle. I just need to find some sort of cooking pot or pan with an engraved lid that I could flatten down for the part that holds the coals.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited November 2023

I remembered someone looking one for one years ago

so I tried bedwarmer site:daz3d.com in Google search

and the only other result was a kitty belonging to another forum user who was the spitting image of my late cat Lynx

he was a good bedwarmer too crying

no help but the post I recalled was so long ago it must have been on the old forum

there are non DAZ ones around https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/bed-warmer-3d-1837761

all the same by same person varying prices different sites, bit weird looking though

honestly a lidded frypan, 2 pans or pot with the handle extended would pass

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • I found a chestnut pan from 2008 while I was going through my old files. It was in my DAZ Christmas downloads from that year. The file is RH Chestnut pan.zip . If you've got it kicking around, it would make an absolutely dandy bed warmer. The lid opens and closes and the chestnuts are separate. It could be retextured with a more ornate design if desired, and there are enough freebie coals around if needed.

chestnutpan2.jpg
    800 x 679 - 188K
    chestnutpan01.jpg
    800 x 716 - 240K
  • Does it still open? Mine didn't (I still have the original models so it could be rebuilt fairly easily).

• I opened it in an old version of DAZ (2.3). It's a beauty!

• Thank you. If it looks as if Escribano can use it I will redo the rigging and put a zip up.