Clothing Stretching

I'm using a piece of clothing and when I move my models arms the cloth stretches and doesn't move with the rest of the cloth. It's an G8 item that I applied to a G9 model and used Daz's in system convert.

55eb4ae5f11a19383a76949ce652dc45.png
484 x 413 - 330K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173
    edited November 2023

If you used auto f-fit, the corrective morphs (cbs) on clothing for arm bend on G9 need to be fixed...

If it's with dforce, try a simulation first.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • That looks more like a post-conversion, or newly Transfer Utilityed, weight issue, needing the weight maps edited to make more sense - the edge of the sleeve may well be weighted for the torso bones, since it was closer to them in the zero pose..

• Rev3DRev3D Posts: 69

crosswind said:

If you used auto f-fit, the corrective morphs (cbs) on clothing for arm bend on G9 need to be fixed...

dforce sim doesn't do anything, just the point stays in place while the rest of the item moves as it should. 

Richard Haseltine said:

That looks more like a post-conversion, or newly Transfer Utilityed, weight issue, needing the weight maps edited to make more sense - the edge of the sleeve may well be weighted for the torso bones, since it was closer to them in the zero pose..

I understood everything you said up until the weighted to the torso bones. Could you expand on that so I can look at a possible fix please. Thank you. 

Rev said:

crosswind said:

dforce sim doesn't do anything, just the point stays in place while the rest of the item moves as it should. 

Which product? 

If sim with dForce, turn on Start Bones From Memorized Pose first.

crosswind said:

Rev said:

crosswind said:

Which product? 

So I applied a G8 Veil and done the simulate from meorized poses and it seemed to work good. I tried simuating with memorized poses turned off and got the same stretching effect in the image. I don't want to have to simulate from memorzied poses every single time as it's very time consuming. The corrective morphs (CBS) is that a fix that could help with this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you :)

39d8e36f8743055e1a2ee1da1dc12ae2.png
    787 x 265 - 217K
    edited November 2023

Rev said:

crosswind said:

Rev said:

crosswind said:

Which product? 

So I applied a G8 Veil and done the simulate from meorized poses and it seemed to work good. I tried simuating with memorized poses turned off and got the same stretching effect in the image. I don't want to have to simulate from memorzied poses every single time as it's very time consuming. The corrective morphs (CBS) is that a fix that could help with this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thank you :)

Nope... especially after you auto-fitted this G8 Veil on G9...A couple of ways...you may try some tricks as below:

1. With "Simulate from Mem...", yes the simulation will turn slow especially when there're multi-pieces of garments on the figure with Smoothing Modifiers. You may multi select those garments and turn Enable Smoothing - Off. If the simulaton is fairly slow on your machine, you even can save a Wearabe Preset for them except for the Veil, then delete them before simulation, it'll be much faster. Then load Wearable preset back to the figure after simulation.

2. For some frquently used poses, like the pose in your screenshot, anothe trick is to save the dforced result as a morph (an interim shape...) for re-use as well as saving some time for a future simulation : a short video of showing you how to do that: https://mega.nz/file/2KYxjYja#U9ZEdxJdueQhQlMyUwOpNeqwKOd6wIg0vZxy3HwBPzQ

3. If you know a modeling / sculpting softwear like Hexagon or Blender, for instance...you can fix the distortion in Blender and import the morph back.

Post edited by crosswind on