Unable to add smoothing modifier to manage collisions

Hi!!! I am trying to fix the collisions between a superhero mask and the face of a heroine by adding a smoothing modifier to the mask. I have tried to follow Jay's masterclass tutorial, so I selected the mask and clicked on add, edit....but I am unable to see the option "geometry" to add a smoothing modifier. I can only see an option to unparent the mask, which brings the mask somewhere else in the scene and doesn't fix anything for me!!! Any help please?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

Select the mask in the scene tab, and then click the 3 bars in upper left corner and then Edit > Geometry >  Add smoothing modifier.

• Thanks!!! It worked and it managed to improve the issue to an extent, although not completely. I think that Jay was mentioning another method to sort those kind of issues when the smoothing modifier is not enough, do you have any suggesions please @felis? thanks

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

I would assume it is the push modifier. It pushes the mess outwards. Default distance is 1 cm, but that is too much. Ususally 1 mm will do it. After applying it you can adjust the settings in the parameters tab. There is also settings for the smooting modifier.